Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ChiMan asked me to whip up some ideas for a flag car.

I think these are very patriotic looking, without being too "over the top".

Whatcha think?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I like the middle one. :)

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
for the bottom one to work the flag needs to be flipped..the stars are supposed to be in the upper left hand corner...i think the second one looks best though

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like the top one the best.. I hope craig (Chiman) decides to do the flag car that would be cool as hell..

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Nice pictures, I agree with not over the top with most things...

But after some thought, if I do a flag car, why not make it a full car FLAG? I have to replace the interior anyway...I see torch red carpet with red seats...at the top of the seat (upper panel) blue with stars and white piping. Torch red/blue door panels. Maybe red powder coated ZR1 rims with blue calipers....

I'm leaning toward #1, but on both sides...like the C5 one I saw :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I also like the middle one best . It reminds me of ghost flames on a street rod. If you could move it up a little more you could have more of the ghost effect on the side. That would be way cool. Also this one can work just as well on both sides. Sorry, but you asked me.......;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like number one, but put the stars on the hood so the bars flow in a natural pattern toward the back. That way you could cover most of the car with the flag. The ghost bars are perfect!! If you do the interior, don't make the seats look too much like a real flag or some old Gunny is likely to rip your head off and s**t down your neck for sitting on the flag he defended with his life. An excessively cool paint scheme, but the interior should maybe a bit more subdued (black or white) as I have seen red gut Grand Sports convertibles, and sometimes feel they can be a bit too much. I know they are the rarest, but too much flash sometimes takes away from the overall effect that you are trying to create. Just my opinion and reflects my taste, do what you like, it's your car. //Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the middle one, can you do it vinyl or strictly paint, if you had it in vinyl you could market it. I saw one in a corvette fever magazine that had the tail end as a flag. like a vinyl cut out that covered the whole thing, if I could find one like that or this one I would definately buy it.
Good job. How do you think it would look on a red one?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I can't decide between the first and second:huh: Both a pretty:cool:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,416 Posts
Try the whole nose and part of the hood bluue with the bars over the rest of the body. Don't do ghost flames, they'll look faded. Make it bold and proud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts