Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd make a post of my build of my "LT0":thumbsup:

Details: I bought the car last year about this time

What it is: white 94 zf6 6 speed stock lt1 with breathless intake and corsa cat back

Whats to be: forged scat rods 6" and scat 4340crank 3.75 stroke mahle forged pistions everythings held in by splayed and studed billiet main caps

Heads are LLoyd Elliots LE2 milled down to 57cc for a higher compression ratio
Intake is also worked by LLoyd and the cam is custom speced by LLoyd 234/242 .612/.612 111 LSA :thumbsup:

Misc stuff goes as followed

Meziere Ewaterpump, comp rocker arms with ARP 7/8th studs, trick flow guideplates, trick flow hardended pushrods, ARP LT1 bolt set ARP head stud kit ATI super damper 58mm BBK Throttle body, 6al igniton box msd billet opti pray it holds up) Melrose 1 3/4 fiberglass rapped headers e cut outs

probably missing loads of parts in the list but I think I got them all the cars also getting of 4:27 gears in the back with a 26 inch 315 tire for the street and 28 or 29 inch slicks for drag strip xcross tires unknown yet pictures will be in the future

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanks goals ehhh i guess to be feared with a pretty car:) o ya and eat LSx as far as power I just wanna hit a 11.0 i guess on the quater be able to drive around town normal dailly and maybe 190mph on a stretch of good land we'll see

·
Registered
189 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but what cubic inches are you planning to go with to hit 11.0's? Bottom 11's take alot of power and is rarely achieved with a ZF6.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but what cubic inches are you planning to go with to hit 11.0's? Bottom 11's take alot of power and is rarely achieved with a ZF6.
That trans is good for 600 wheel... no? :crazy:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
oh sorry I figured the stroke would give it away its a 383 stroker i had a insane deal on a 396 but lost it so kinda get upset when i say 383 haha and a gentalmen i spoke with (JONECAP) is running a 10.88 with a modded 96 lt4 + a 150 shot e waterpump radials headers I'll have about 100 more rwhp then him

·
Registered
81 Posts
i spoke with (JONECAP) is running a 10.88 with 96 lt4 + a 150 shot e waterpump radials headers I'll have about more rwhp them him
jonecap is 500rwhp with a 150 shot, not NA. If you can get above 500 RWHP out of a 383 and no juice.....that would be good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
est hp is anywhere from 420-460rwhp with my set up plus 150 program shot which won't be put in till 2010 I think I can run a pretty silly time regardless

Heads cam intake will be here sometime this week I'll get some pictures up as well as all the other stuff I got laying down be running everything over to the machine shop as soon as I get my ARP main studs and bolts I'll take some pictures when I get there of whats been done

regardless what happens hp wise this cars going to boogie and should be a serious treat suppose to be nice out tomorrow I'll get a few pictures of the car if it is

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
oh sorry I figured the stroke would give it away its a 383 stroker i had a insane deal on a 396 but lost it so kinda get upset when i say 383 haha and a gentalmen i spoke with (JONECAP) is running a 10.88 with 96 lt4 + a 150 shot e waterpump radials headers I'll have about more rwhp them him
I figured you were talking about running 11.0 naturally aspirated with the combo you selected. Of course a 150 shot of NOS will probably get you there if you can 60 foot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That trans is good for 600 wheel... no? :crazy:
What does that have to do with running 11.0's?

I have three good friends with ZF6's that are pushing anywhere from 525rwhp-590rwhp and that is without any power adders. Those ZF's are stock, and have held up so far.......

All three are black tags. From what I hear the blue tags (LT1/LT4 cars) aren't as strong!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trans should hold I'm not expecting it to go if it does then so be it I'll worry about that bridge when i cross it I'll keep you guys updated looks like everyone wants to see more if you all should agree then more you will recieve

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
What does that have to do with running 11.0's?

I have three good friends with ZF6's that are pushing anywhere from 525rwhp-590rwhp and that is without any power adders. Those ZF's are stock, and have held up so far.......

All three are black tags. From what I hear the blue tags (LT1/LT4 cars) aren't as strong!
Exactly my point... Then why are you saying that time (11.0) is rarely achieved with that trans? Makes no sense. With enough power it is easly had.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Take the piss fight to PM's, or at least open another thread for discussion on 11 sec ZF's. No need to muck up this guy's thread.

BATMAN - you got some sweet goodies you're putting together. Keep us posted on the progress, can't wait to hear how she runs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys updates are garenteed with my survival leave the ZF situation to me if it blows it blows big deal I'm just a kid so could really give two hells as long as in my area and don't need to get towed from 300miles out ya no? haha

1 - 20 of 118 Posts