Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what fuel pump any have used once they put in a LSX engine. I would like to stay with keeping the pump in the tank instead of an external one.

I can't imagine that the original 85 TPI pump can handle the needs of a 5.7L LSX putting out 350hp+.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice setup and only $109.65 and comes with everything. Gasket, bolts, wiring harness from walbro to C4 GM, sock and all needed hardware to install in c4 unit in the tank.

NICE FIND! Thanks man! :partyon:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm running my stock 100,000 + mile pump in mine with no issues. I have a dual setup from a ZR-1 I need to buy pumps for but I'm just doing that because I own one. The stocker works fine.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even with a LSX with 243 heads and a naughty cam? LS6 intake and I will be running C5 exhaust manifolds.

I need a new pump anyway. The one in the car has been sitting in there for atleast 4 years without ever been fired up.

I rescued this car from one of those guys that had more ideas than $$$. Got it off of fleabay for $1075 back in feb '08

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yep, I'm running a cam with almost 6.00 lift, ported throttle body, LS6 intake, long tube headers. No issues.
I'm planning now for new heads and a different intake. Like I said though, I'm going to run the ZR-1 pump set up when I make that change if I have the new pumps by then.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats that zr1 setup gonna run ya?

That walbro setup for $110 looks real nice especially with all the extras that come with it. Even the gasket for the fuel pump module to tank sealing area and all stainless steel fasteners.

Will that pump hold up to your setup?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I already have the ZR-1 set up it just needs new pumps. I'm going to run the Walbro 255's in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts