Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally went along and bought some headers. just waiting for them to arrive now. btw they are going on the 90

anyone have tips on how to make the job a bit easier?

i have never done headers before. so im guessing its gonna be a wonderful bonding time with the car :laughing:. :lookinup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It really isn't too bad. The worst part will be getting your stock manifolds off. Start now spraying the bolts with penatrate. Also you will need to remove your dipstick tube. I ended up having to cut mine off so start spraying that now too. My drivers header dropped in from the top while I had to go in from the bottom on the pass. side. I did the headers and whole exhaust system on jack stands before I got my lift so it's doable. Have fun.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I dont know about your year but with my 92 it was not bad at all, one thing you might want to do is make sure you remove the oil temp sender on the drivers side and the water temp sender on the pass. side. You might want to start soaking and AIR and egr fittings you have on yours along with whats already been suggested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts