Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you miss on the C5 that was on the C4 and is not on the C5?

I really miss the center gas cap on the C4. Nice just to drive up to a gas pump and not worry which side the dam gas cap is on. Also like the looks better of the center gas cap.

Second is more room in the center console. The C5 console has no room.

:buhbye:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i love my c5. the only thing i really miss about my c4 (86 coupe), is the clam shell hood...i always thought that was a really cool feature that set the corvette apart from other cars. i think they should have kept it for the c5. it also made the engine bay far more accessible.
:partyon:

tom

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i to loved the clam shell.i really didn't like the center/top gas fill.to easy to drip gas on the paint,or get on your hand.then smell gas the rest of the day.:down:

·
Registered
14 Posts
it was raining today and there was a c4 behind me on the way to work. i was reminded of another thing that i really like about the c4 and that was the windshield wipers. very cool operation:cool:

tom:partyon:

·
Registered
795 Posts
me 2

I miss the hood .. Love my new speed LOL:agree:

·
Registered
17 Posts
tomls1 said:
it was raining today and there was a c4 behind me on the way to work. i was reminded of another thing that i really like about the c4 and that was the windshield wipers. very cool operation:cool:
Yeah, they were cool. Except that every so often they would hit each other and slap the glass and scare the **** outta me! And they didn't work well over 120 MPH.

I too miss the clamshell hood. My C4 was heavily modified for the track, and I really miss that experience. I also prefer the direct feel of the C4 shifter versus the C5. It's better than a 911 or <gag> a FWD car though.

What do I not miss? The difficult entry and exit over the frame rail. The rattles and creaks. And don't get me started on the flexiframe. And since I now have a FRC, I do miss the targa roof on those nice summer mornings.

Michael :buhbye:

·
Registered
795 Posts
just thinking

i dont really miss that big lip on door sill im small and i got tripped up on it smashed my knee crap like that is easier getting in and out of the c5.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do miss the windshield wipers..

those are "classic" Corvette items, like the pop-up headlights. I don't miss them getting caught on each other and having to release them in a downpour though!

I also miss the Selective Ride Control my 96 had - my 98 doesn't have it...

Aside from that, I love my 98!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'd forgotten about the wipers getting caugt up in each other...they were still pretty cool though.

the hand break on the left side was kinda cool too...i like the unusual things like that.:partyon: :cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
i don't know about anyone else,but my 89' used to eat alternators.i think i had 5 in 3 years that i had the car.and the frickin Bose never worked right and sounded terrible.and the auto locks,not good if your tuning your car,hood open,start car get out to look for leaks,or belts or whatever.go back to the door and the suckers locked and the car is running.i did that at least 3 times.no i didn't have spare keys.all that said i still love c4s.i like the c5 better though.no-offense.i will get a calloway some day.i think i'll just take the stereo out and leave it out:rolleyes: :smokin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh, the alternators!!

My '87 went through 2 a year! And the VATS system on the '87...every time I was in a hurry my car wouldn't start! Don't miss that..

My '96 didn't have many problems (except for catching fire once or twice!:laughing: ).

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Oh, the alternators!!

vettegirl said:
My '87 went through 2 a year! And the VATS system on the '87...every time I was in a hurry my car wouldn't start! Don't miss that..

My '96 didn't have many problems (except for catching fire once or twice!:laughing: ).
Explain...... my 96 caught on fire... once.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The horns shorted out and caught fire. The first time was 9/11/01 on my way to work, smoke just started pouring into the cockpit from the a/c vents. Luckily I was close to my office, and when I shut the car off the burning stopped. I remember watching the tragic events of the day as my husband was in the parking lot tearing apart my dash!

He replaced all the burnt wires, but a few days later it happened again. I just had him rip everything horn-related out of the car, and never had another issue (except for having to yell out the window at irritating drivers!:laughing: )

After I had my 98 for about a month my horns started sounding funny. I didn't waste time replacing them...horns make me VERY paranoid these days!

What happened to yours? That looks awful - luckily mine didn't have damage beyond burned wires....

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
hey vettegirl,
how have you been?are you used to the lowered ride yet?maybe a few new scraps under the nose?a few more compliments?did you upload pics into the gallery?aloha.:smokin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Todd!

I actually have some pictures being developed, will post them as soon as I get them back. I love how your car looks - even sleeker in black!

Have a nice weekend!!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Re: Hey Todd!

vettegirl said:
I actually have some pictures being developed, will post them as soon as I get them back. I love how your car looks - even sleeker in black!

Have a nice weekend!!

i'm learning how to take better pictures,i will post some soon,i actually lowered the car a little more last week.i could not shrink a photo and have it look good to save my life.i will stand in on one of the photos.i like to see the other forum members so i have an idea who i'm chating with.so i'll suck it up and post one of myself.have a good weekend.:smokin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Re: Hey Todd!

hawaii-5-lo said:
so i'll suck it up and post one of myself
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about!:laughing:

I was enjoying the picture thread on the "other forum". I was looking for something to post, but I hate to have my picture taken so all I have is my driver's license photo...and that's scary!!
I have loads of pictures of my cars and my dogs (I see you have a German Shephard too...mine is my constant companion!!), but none of me or Lonnie. I'll have to work on that!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
lets see if these pics came out any better.

damn i suck at resizing.i will take a look at the link Patrick sent me,and practice a little.the pics look ok in ther original 1300 or whatever pixels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I told you you had nothing to worry about!

Your car looks awesome! I really like the wheels too - I love my magnesium wheels, but a few more chips and I'm throwing in the towel!

Hawaii looks amazingly like Tampa (except for maybe the mountains in the background!) I'll TRY to sit still for a picture so you can see you're not chatting with a vettemonster!

See ya!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
that would be cool.i've never seen a good picture of your car.never mind the backround,we were just useing these photos to practice the sizing.it was overcast also,so the black doesn't show good.i like the y2k rims because then you can paint the calipers,rotors and there easy to clean.:i think the wheather is very similar,usually hot and humid,a couple showers and some sun.and thats all in one hour:laughing: it was pouring 10 min after we left the industrial park.thanks for the compliments:thumbsup: :smokin:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts