Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just joined this site. I think I am liking it a lot. I was hoping that somebody out there is a nitro rc nut that might be able to help me in my situation. See I have a graphics shop with a partner and we just bought and remade a c4 corvette just like the corvette challenge cars. It has come out really well but still a long ways to go with tires, lowering, and odds and ends. Now what I am wanting to do now is this. I am looking for a 200MM body for a nitro car but a c4 body. I can find 100's of c5 & c6 bodies but nothing on the c4. I was hoping somebody might have stumbled over a c4 body by some chance.

See im going to make the c4 body look just like our shop car.

Hope this works.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you on DC...:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
welcome- i used tyo be into these rc cars, and they were alot of un, but the money i spent on these cars was too rediculous for me. anyway, i have never seen a C4 body, but you could check www.towerhobbies.com and search under bodies. there are some brands that make more "not as popular" bodies. that would be the only place i would think to check

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have been into rc for a very long time (im only 20 haha) and i worked in a hobby shop for a number of years. Never have i seen a c4 body only c5s and c6s and they make them like the race cars anyways. If i find some pics of my cars ill put them up. But i did race them for quite some time gets pretty serious but it got a little costly and i wanted my vette more than my rc cars haha. But i still play with them ocasionaly

The 2 best body makers for rc are pro-lineracing.com and hpiracing.com

also check out towerhobbies.com they have alot of noname companies making bodies.

190mm bodies will fit on 200mm cars they just need miniscule trimming

·
Registered
321 Posts
The only C-4 RC car body that I have ever heard of is from a vintage Kyosho ZR1 Corvette nitro kit (late 80's.)

They do come up on eBay on occasion but I have no idea what the width of the thing would be given it's from that era and a lot of experimenting was done back then.

Ended auction:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KYOSHO-VINTAGE-CORVETTE-ZR-1-BODY-SHELL-DECALS-ETC-/200540772664

YouTube of original kit:

I've been searching for about 10 years now for a C-4 190mm body with no luck. I would guess that someone has tried to make one but could just not get the lower curve on the sides right. You would have to go to the more expensive method of forming lexan which Tamiya did with the 959 kit.

Good luck and if you happen to find one let me know.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
HOLY OLD THREAD BATMAN!!!!

:huh:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I owned a hobby shop and an RC racetrack for several years and had a 1/10 C-4 body in stock at the track. That was about 1995 or so. I believe it was made by Bolink or Parma. I had a C-4 clear body at my home shop that I never used but unfortunately it got lost when we moved 5 years ago. Keep searching, they did exist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts