Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me if 335 35 17 tires will fit my 91 vette on factory GM Grand Sport wheels. I have 315 35 17 now and i would like a litle more tire back there?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Very often the tire manufacturer will indicate the maximum and minimum wheel width required for that particular tire.

I'd start with that and see what's recommended.

Steven

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire fitment on the CAR

Hey thanks for the reply, but i think we are not on the same page here. I have already made sure the tire willl fit on the rim, i was wanting to know if it was going to fit on the car without rubbing. Maybe someone has tried this before or has 335's on there car now. The tires will fit on the rims no problem but the tire is about 1 inch wider overall than the
315's and i was concerned about rubbing under hard acceleration or hard turns.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
If your offset is correct they will fit under the car without rubbing but they do stick out. Check out COPO's "slow at work" thread. He is sticking some HUGE tires under his car. Interesting read.

And the way you posed the first question did make it appear as though you were concerned about them fitting the wheels and not the car.:thumbsup:

Can any one tell me if 335 35 17 tires will fit my 91 vette on factory GM Grand Sport wheels

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
335's 17

Well thats for sure they were huge, and helpful too cuz i think the tires i want to use are just as wide as that Umungus wheel, thanks. But it would be hard to tell form that car cuz tha dude is prety crafty if the didn't fit he would just rebuild the whole back of the car on a slow day at work. And we would have more killer pics.

If anyone else has or knows for sure that 335 35 17's will fit on the rear of a 91 C4 i wuold like to hear from you or possibly pics?./ Thanks

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
What kind of power are you putting down to need a 335 tire out back?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
They will fit...but WORK better on a 12" wheel. Get the car in a corner hard and they roll sideways. You also dont get the contact patch of the 335 on the ground with a 11" wheel. And those Umungus:laughing: tires are a inch wider than 335's

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anything,I'd stick with the 315's,unless you can actually come across a complete rear end out of a ZR-1...they were 3 inches wider than the regular car.....if not,I'm not too sure you'd be too happy seeing those really big meats sticking so far out....somehow it doesn't look right...the 315's should harness your power well,even the L-98's torque!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts