Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If any of you guys get a chance, our C4's can hang fairly well with one of these guys, at least for short bursts. Got to hang with one coming home from work along one of our classic Austin curvy roads. I'm actually kind of humbled the guy in the Maserati would want to humor me and my car. I think he thought he was going to be a lot quicker than me at first, which is why he was disappointed and then eventually went balls out and just kept picking up speed in one of the long deep corners, i actually thought the guy was nuts going that fast in a corner like that, but the Maserati didn't break a sweat. I knew my vette couldn't do that, even if my tires hadn't been mostly bald. :laughing: short deep corners, we can hang. :thumbsup:

Maserati GranTurismo S

4.7-liter V8
433 horsepower at 7,000 rpm
360 lb-ft tq at 4,750 rpm,
0-60: 4.8 sec
Top Speed: 183mph
Price: $135,000 :surprised

Be proud of our C4's, even if they are a pain in the ass sometimes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
that's cool.

*the vents look like pepboys special LOL.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Was going down the garden state parkway yesterday in my daily driver and saw one of those (in black) weaving traffic like it was his job! Its times like those that I wish I was in the vette... I would have given him a run for his money! Im also young and stupid enough to drive as rediculously as he was on the highway! :D Would have been fun but I guess for now I just have to keep dreaming :D HAHA

Seems like everytime I take the vette out I never run into circumstances like that. But in my beat up daily driver I seem to see it everyday :thud:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great story, thanks for sharing.... must have been nice cruising with a Gran Turismo they have one serious sound track :devil:

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I encountered the same maserati again today. lol. kicked my butt in that deep corner again. damn, I'm gonna miss this stuff once i sell my vette. unfortunately batman, i couldn't really hear the maserati over my own car's soundtrack :devil:, but i did try letting off the gas so i could hear it, so i caught a note or two. :thumbsup:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.