1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Like to know how it affects the performance.:rolleyes:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
You see the caption under the botton left photo? It says those tanks have a range of just over 300 miles. That's not too much more than we get now on gasoline. I wonder how much them tanks weigh? You'd need to do some engine work to regain the hp lost due to the added weight.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Great article...I wonder how much it cost for the conversion and of course how it affects the power output.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Speed Racer said:
[ fuel cost is zero."

Fuel cost is zero but how much is the generator to produce it? The article also said the hydrogen was stored on hydrite to make it safer. That's good but you would use heat to convert it back to a gas. So if your car caught fire, the resulting heat would convert the chemical hydrogen to gas and then you have a serious problem

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Re: C4 ... that runs on hydrogen!!

Torch Red 2K said:
Fuel cost is zero but how much is the generator to produce it? The article also said the hydrogen was stored on hydrite to make it safer. That's good but you would use heat to convert it back to a gas. So if your car caught fire, the resulting heat would convert the chemical hydrogen to gas and then you have a serious problem
I'm pretty sure you could live through that little explosion. :laughing:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man thats some cool stuff.. what if the power was increased due to the hydrogen? hee hee I wonder like everyone else how the HP is effected.. as well as te vehicle weight..
-Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts