Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 Coupe still hace the original wether-stripping on it, and there are a couple of pieces that are split and need replacing.I am one of those people that like to purchase factory original replacement parts, but due to the costing of this from GM compared to after-market cost, it makes me want to ask this question.For those out-there that have used the aftermarket does this installation still work out pretty well, without having to fight for the correct fit? I want to do what is best and really not cut corners, but just wanted to ask , or should I go to only using factory replacement?

Thanks Joe

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I used an aftermarket set. works fine. only adjustment I made was to the full upstop on my windows. the new aftermarket stuff was thicker than my old worn out stock WS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used an aftermarket set. works fine. only adjustment I made was to the full upstop on my windows. the new aftermarket stuff was thicker than my old worn out stock WS.

Thanks for the feeback,I need the material for the back hatch for now.So hopefully I will be ok with the aftermarket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts