Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new corvette owner (bought 2004 8-21-20) and I am looking to replace both of the seats. Both of the seats are electric and I would really like to be able to keep both electric if possible. I have looked and Corbeau, Sparco and others but none say anything about electric seats. I have heard that the C8 seats are really good and I was wondering if they might fit a 2004??? I don't know a lot about corvettes yet so I apologize for my ignorance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome to DC.

What is your goal in replacing the seats?

I don't think they offered a good performance seat option in the C5 generation.
You might be able to fit one of the performance seats in from the C6/7.

I highly doubt much from the C8 will fit previous generations.

I'm sure others more knowledgeable than I will chime in :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DC.

What is your goal in replacing the seats?

I don't think they offered a good performance seat option in the C5 generation.
You might be able to fit one of the performance seats in from the C6/7.

I highly doubt much from the C8 will fit previous generations.

I'm sure others more knowledgeable than I will chime in :)
Thanks for your response. I don't know if the C6/C7 are any better than the C5's. If you have a C6/C7 you could tell me first hand if they are good quality. Maybe someone will respond.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response. I don't know if the C6/C7 are any better than the C5's. If you have a C6/C7 you could tell me first hand if they are good quality. Maybe someone will respond. I'm sorry I forgot to respond my reason. I just don't feel like I'm secure in the C5 seats. When i corner I find myself shifting weight to the sides of the seat.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think replacing the seats with another generations would be rather involved, and somewhat expensive. Electronics/electrical mechanisms may not be compatible.
I would suggest find a good custom seat upholsterer, bolster and set the seat up to your liking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think replacing the seats with another generations would be rather involved, and somewhat expensive. Electronics/electrical mechanisms may not be compatible.
I would suggest find a good custom seat upholsterer, bolster and set the seat up to your liking.
Thanks c3c7 norm. Now that you mention it, I do have a classmate right here in the town I live in that is in the upholstery business. I will talk with him and see if it is possible to beef up my existing seats. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 67 coupe. I rebuilt C5 seats and put them in. I had to do some fiberglass repair on a broken seat wing, build new mounting brackets and tons of stuff to make them fit. But, I also did something that you could do. The seats were standard seats when I got them. I converted them into Sport seats and used C5 sport seat covers. I glued up and shaped foam to make them exactly how I wanted them. You can thicken or reshape the foam with an electric turkey cutting knife, scissors, sanders, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 67 coupe. I rebuilt C5 seats and put them in. I had to do some fiberglass repair on a broken seat wing, build new mounting brackets and tons of stuff to make them fit. But, I also did something that you could do. The seats were standard seats when I got them. I converted them into Sport seats and used C5 sport seat covers. I glued up and shaped foam to make them exactly how I wanted them. You can thicken or reshape the foam with an electric turkey cutting knife, scissors, sanders, etc.
Thanks Diablo---I took my vette to my friend who owns an upholstery shop and he agreed with you that he would "beef up" the foam. He is going to use the highest grade of sponge rubber and increase the amount of foam everywhere. I ordered C5 seat covers today. If the amount of foam he uses makes the new seat covers not fit, he will use my old leather seats leather and sew it on the the new seat covers in areas that are not seen. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts