Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the C5 automatic (A4) adapter? I installed it with a knob from Ecklers. Depending on the after market knob or ball you use will depend if it is higher than your stock knob. When I finished installation it was about ¾ inches higher. Is there any way to get a kit or to fabricate a way to make it lower and still use the after market shift. Drilling the knob only helps a little. Any ideas will be appreciated.:partyon:

:thumbsup: :spanked:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
So, are you a gun bunny on a 105?

Shot; out. (do you realize there are few who will understand that?)

Ray
1/69th Armor 173rd ABN BDE (Separate)
Vietnam Class of '68
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
get out the dremel tool and take out some frustration:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
get out the dremel tool and take out some frustration:thumbsup:
LMAO, but it also makes my blood run cold thinking about it. I have ruined more things with my Dremel tool than I care to admit. I wouldn't go near my car with.

Is Fort DeRussy still in Honolulu? Loved the city in 1968 on R&R (Don Ho called it "Rape and Run") from Vietnam. Is the Ilikai still standing?

Aloha,

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Sorry to talk about the plate instead of the topic but I spent 5 years at Fortress Bragg and definitely recognize the 18th Field Artillery reference there.

I'm also in Alexandria, VA.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
LMAO, but it also makes my blood run cold thinking about it. I have ruined more things with my Dremel tool than I care to admit. I wouldn't go near my car with.

Is Fort DeRussy still in Honolulu? Loved the city in 1968 on R&R (Don Ho called it "Rape and Run") from Vietnam. Is the Ilikai still standing?

Aloha,

Ray
my dremel and me are buddy's,my car has seen the dremel some many times i can't count.
yup,Fort DeRussey is still here,and the Ilikai is completly renovated as most hotels have been.Don Ho's daughter is:surprised in a word-HOT.
don't get me wrong,it's still a great place to visit,but this place has changed big time since 68'.we have the nations worse "ice" (speed)problem.it's been declared an epidemic.1 out of every 6 people uses ice.(not me)i don't know if this kinda stuff reaches the mainland.there has been many family murders due to this,crime is out of site.as your driving around the island stopping at the look outs,theres cops there(even weekdays)before the tourist would park the car get out to take a picture,get mugged everything stolen out of the car etc,it was happening during day light and about every 20 minutes:surprised a couple years ago a cop from chicago was on vacation at the bus stop across from sandy's beach,the locals killed him for 35 bucks,broad daylight."ice" makes them do anything,a tourist was killed in the lobby bathroom at the Ilikai hotel at 10 a.m.idiots ride there bicycle to the bank,with slippers on and no gun,and try to rob the bank:laughing:this is like once a week,no once in a while,you just have to know what to look out for.theres still plenty of good things here,there going to make a six flags,we have a water(slide) park,and there building a world class motorsports complex.gas is $2.30 a gallon,hasn't been under $2.00 since i can remember.a gallon of milk is $3.79.sorry this is so long,i'm compacting this as best i can.come on back sometime. :thumbsup: :smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
come on back sometime. :thumbsup: :smokin:
The plan is to have our next regimental reunion in Hawaii because my regiment was originally part of the 25th Infantry Division (Tropic Lightning) who deployed from Schoefield Barracks on Oahu to Vietnam in 1966. There are many native Hawaiians who were members of the regiment then and everyone wants to go back and see Waikiki.

Are there twisty roads around Diamond Head where the old tunnels from WWII are located? Seems like it would be a kick in the ass to drive a convertible up there with the top down. Gorgeous place, gracious people.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
you can drive almost to the top of diamond head i think,then theres a very short hike,i've have never taken that hike in the 15 years i lived here.but after you brought it up,i think i will plan to do it.it's a pretty good tourist spot,so i would imagine the is not bad.the road was not so hot before,but i think they did alot of upgrades in the area.the new governor is making a lot of changes and plans for the depressing things i listed above,hopefully they will start to show before you all come.tourist are huge targets and there trying to do things,like the cops at the look outs etc.i will get more info and some web sites you can look at.might take a few days.when are you guys planning on coming over?
you can even go to Exotic car rental,they have ferrari's,lambos,vipers,vettes,harley's.the exotic cars are $900 a day,the 50th anniversary is $400 a day.
try not to show up here with brown socks up to your knee's,with slippers and a hat.:laughing: target for crime.the military bases are all modern,when your on any of the bases,it's seems like your in the mainland,so don't waste to much time on the bases.by the way,nice car.:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes my plate gets alot of attention. I commanded the 18th Field Artillery Brigade (Airborne) on my second tour to Bragg. My first tour I commanded the 1st Battalion 377th Field Artillery Regiment (Air Assault). I love being stationed there. I saw someone mentioned Hawaii. I was there from 94-96 stationed at Camp Smith, CINCPAC. That was also great tour. Love the weather. Looking to do a custom plate now that I am in Virginia. Have not decided what to do...maybe I get the same one.

Take care and God Bless

Carlos:partyon: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
....when are you guys planning on coming over?
you can even go to Exotic car rental,they have ferrari's,lambos,vipers,vettes,harley's.the exotic cars are $900 a day,the 50th anniversary is $400 a day. try not to show up here with brown socks up to your knee's,with slippers and a hat.:laughing: target for crime.the military bases are all modern,when your on any of the bases,it's seems like your in the mainland,so don't waste to much time on the bases.by the way,nice car.:smokin:
Mahalo, brudda. I'll pass the word on the uniform of the day to our less sartorially astute brothers (we have a couple who dress exactly as you describe, we avoid them like a frag with the pin out). I'll also make sure we check out the exotic car rentals. If enough of us chip in we could probably afford to rent a 575M or 360 Modena for a day and tear around those roads to Diamond Head. We always have our reunions in late-July/early August and if memory serves that's a pretty good time weather wise in Hawaii. A lot of our guys are into golf so any tips on affordable courses on Oahu would be appreciated.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Abnsteel06 said:
Yes my plate gets alot of attention.
How in the world did you get the state of North Carolina to put the 18th FA's unit crest on your plate?

BTW, saw on the news that the Torpedo Factory in Old Town was under water. How bad was the damage in Alexandria?

Ray
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
Mahalo, brudda. I'll pass the word on the uniform of the day to our less sartorially astute brothers (we have a couple who dress exactly as you describe, we avoid them like a frag with the pin out). I'll also make sure we check out the exotic car rentals. If enough of us chip in we could probably afford to rent a 575M or 360 Modena for a day and tear around those roads to Diamond Head. We always have our reunions in late-July/early August and if memory serves that's a pretty good time weather wise in Hawaii. A lot of our guys are into golf so any tips on affordable courses on Oahu would be appreciated.

Ray
hey Ray,
July and August would be a great time to come.summer doesn't really kick in until the middle of august.Hickam golf coarse is probably the best deal,because of the military running it.theres quit a few golf coarses,i will have to research the prices as i wish i had time to pick-up golf.most definatly go on a week day.ya,the roads around diamond head and around sandys beach are cool on weekdays,can haul ass,but when you pass the look-outs,remember theres cops there now,did you know that theres a new highway,it's super high tech name is H-3:laughing: it goes from Aiea,to Kaneohe.helps a lot.it's maybe 15 miles long and took 15 years to build:laughing:perfect example of "hawaiian time".had problems with the tunnels and "spirits".:burial grounds and stuff like that.
sounds like your ready to come over here right now.are you sure you can wait a year? :laughing:
:smokin:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top