Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine a few states away is wanting to take the BSMs off their 04 Coupe. I know how to do this procedure but she would prefer a visually documented process so she can kind of follow the steps. I'm sure there is something of that sort somewhere on the site but I'm not finding it. Anyone know where there would be a C5 BSM Removal thread from the past? Thanks in advance.

Daniel

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
606 Posts
The BSM is part of the design to limit airflow and helps down force but if taking it off you can use the waxed string used for cleaning teeth and a blow dryer to soften up the glue while pulling the string to remove it and the molding

·
Registered
389 Posts
I did see a video on Youtube once. Basically I shot some 3M adhesive remover behind the moulding to soften the mounting tape and "sawed" them off with high-test fishing line. Really a straightforward job.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did see a video on Youtube once. Basically I shot some 3M adhesive remover behind the moulding to soften the mounting tape and "sawed" them off with high-test fishing line. Really a straightforward job.
That's basically what I finally told her to do. She's got them off now, says she loves it. Thanks for the advice guys.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts