Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this happen driving C5's & 6's and now my Z. Pulled out of my drive(I have about a 1/4 mile straight pavement when I pull out.) about half throttle, easing out the clutch. Get straight in the road drop the clutch WOT.

Jest set there. No tire spin clutch peddle go clear to the floor, Stays there.
Clutch spinning. Get off the gas coast about 500' clutch slowly comes up .... give it some gas and drive off every thing normal. Except the smell of the burning clutch plate.

I have had this happen on an 01 C5 upgraded to a Z06 flywheel assembly. fixed that problem. Had it happen on a C6 coupe traded Coupe for Z06 fixed that problem. Now it has happened on the C6 Z06...:huh:

I know it was my action that mad the clutch slip. But why does the peddle go to the floor and release the clutch?

Any one have any ideas or thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
There's a thread about this over on Corvettemechanic. I read through it some time ago, so I don't remember the thread name nor can I accurately summarize what (if any) conclusions they made.

Steven

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had this occur quite a bit with my stock 02Z. The 05 Coupe did it also but I have only experienced it once with the C6Z and it was my fault. I was slipping the clutch and went to WOT. There's not enough clamping pressure for most stock clutches to take that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts