Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been a few requests to see a C5 vs. C6 front comparison. I searched to the ends of the net to find a C5 pic shot at the same angle as the AW pic. No such luck, but this one comes the closest.

After a good long look, I've concluded that this orange AW pic is distorted -- something is off, depth of field, perspective, something (I'm not a photographer) -- it is suffering from a "fisheye" effect (no pun intended).

I'm also of the opinion that this AW pic, at this angle (which is just about non-existent on the net), is probably *THE* WORST, most UNflattering photo of the C6 we will see in publication. It is worse than most of the horrible amateur photos one comes across while surfing ebayMotors. It appears to have been retouched as well. :down:

Anyway, here's a comparison pic:

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
GX624 your absolutely right...

The autoworld photos were taken at unflattering angles and backrounds...

I don't care if you were taking photos of a supermodel..

Taken at specifc angles/light and backrounds...they would barely pass for a decent looking girl.

So fwiw I happen to agree with you...wait until the car hits something other than a supermarket tabloid to really make any decisions about the C6...

Maybe GM allowed these horrible photos out to get one last few weeks of strong C5 sales! (j/k)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Everything takes time to get accustomed to but..........

The C5 pic says...."Corvette"

The C6 pic doesn't.

To me the pop-ups were a Vette standard. I know that the use of headlights save weight and cost, but it is like they have taken the identity of the Corvette away. Has anyone got a photoshop pic of the C6 without the exposed headlights that could be compared to the headlight shots? Can you just picture a license plate on the front of the C6?

But as it has been stated, sometimes photos don't do the actual product justice. My main dislike of the C6 is the headlights. Other than that, I'll reserve my judgement until the car is unveiled at Detroit and we can get a full shot. Then, hopefully, we will start to see some innovative commercials from the General.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
The internet is so cool.. for gather ing all these different perspectives..

Its funny but I always had thought the early version of the C4's had the coolest bumpers..

Never cared for the much heralded later c4 models..

I wonder if the Z06 C6 has a different back panel to differeniate it from the coupe and convertible ..(since they aren't planning a FRC version)

Would that interest you? if it changed to a more ZR! back?

·
Registered
365 Posts
JBsZ0666 said:

Its funny but I always had thought the early version of the C4's had the coolest bumpers..

Never cared for the much heralded later c4 models..
I always thought that too. Nice to see I'm not alone on that.

I agree that those pics were taken at a horrble angle, lighting, etc. Those were the only c6 pics I didn't like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The photo has been significantly retouched.

Just look at the reflectivity of the paint in the very front ( a matte finish) vs. the front left quarter that has normal reflectivity.

I don't know what AW was trying to achieve but :down: on their photographic production.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts