Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 coupe and want to add a 12 disc cd changer. I was told it is prewired and the cable is in the middle compartmant in the rear of the car. I can't find a cable there, any help? Where do you mount the cd changer and does it mount horizontal or vertical? thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 2000 coupe and want to add a 12 disc cd changer. I was told it is prewired and the cable is in the middle compartmant in the rear of the car. I can't find a cable there, any help? Where do you mount the cd changer and does it mount horizontal or vertical? thanks.
My factory changer is mounted in the rear compartment with the access door facing upward. All I have to do is pull back the door and the 12 cd cartridge ejects. As far as you wiring I can't help you on that. I don't know if every vette had that option or not. If not there probably will not be a wire harness back there.

·
Registered
566 Posts
There may be the entire length of cable from the front to the center compartment. Look around under / behind things in the aft cargo area. Otherwise the cable should run from the stereo to the passengers foot well. Pull the carpet and the door sill and look under the area where the two meet. You might find the connector stowed there.

Here is a pic from my car of the changer mounted in the car. The brackets are basically riveted in. You can also see the harness.

Click for the bigger pic.

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will find that the car is pre-wired to the point of the passenger side kick panel. You will need the wiring harness from that point to the rear compartment to complete the installation. I actually found a complete new unit with wiring on Ebay for a reasonable price.

I hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts