Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive been searching this forum but couldn't find any tech articles that would help me. I have a 1997 Corvette with around 27k on it. The passenger headlight always opens, but sometimes when i shut the lights off it doesn't close. Only the drivers side will close. So than i turn them back on, and than off again and than it goes down. It doesn't sound like a motor or anything and when i turn them on they both go up very strong, just the passenger one doesn't always close. I was reading alittle and found out about the vacumm selinod thats located in the passenger side inner fender. Do you think i should replace this? Just weird that it always goes up, but sometimes it doesn't close, but than if i turn it back on and than off it goes down. It doesn't always happen, but i would like to fix it. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
first of all.... a 97 with 27K miles !!!????? Holy Crap!!

okay.

a few things you wamt to check:

Turn your headlights on, then turn on your high beams and switch your headlights off. See if the passenger light drops.

If it does, that means your headlight bulb or fuse may have parially failed or there's a weak connection.

If it does not proceed to the next step.

Check your passenger headlight motor fuse and replace it even if it looks good. Test again. If it works yay, if not keep going.

Next check your headlight control module. It's a small box located (ironically) in the passeenger headlight cove. it's bolted to the wheel well. Make sure the connections aree all solid and whiel you're there make sure all your headlight bolts are tightened especially the 10mm nut that holds the lifting arm to the motor.

If none of this works, you may have a bad headlight control module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts