Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my rear hatch had a band of blisters 2" by 24" looked like large orange peel. Between window and rear of hatch. bulletin #04-08-51-003
Subject:
Rear Hatch Surface Blistering (Replace Hatch)

Models:
1999-2004 Chevrolet Corvette

Condition

Some customers may comment that the paint is blistering around the rear hatch. Refer to the area shown in the illustration above.

Cause

An insulator material between the inner and outer panel may be leeching through the outer panel causing it to blister.

Correction

Replace the Rear Hatch.

·
996 Posts
I have that exact problem with my car.

I was going to repaint it to fix it, but after reading that, it seems that will not work. Crap... :bang

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hasn't happened to me yet but thanks for the post:thumbsup:

you have any pics of it?
:agree: I'd like to see what it looks like...thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have no pics but the few I've seen look like someone painted over rust and it bubbled up...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Now I know what I'm looking at. Thought it was the window tint:lookinup: so now what live with it or ante-up the $$$$!:nuts:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
If this happens to my coupe I am going to be fooking pissed

·
Registered
1 Posts
hatch blistered

Mike: Thanks for that TSB. We noticed this past weekend on my 99 C5 exactly what the TSB says. I called the dealer I bought the car from new, and even though it only has 14k miles on it, never driven in the rain, etc. they told me to suck it up and I'd have to pay for it myself. I called the gm dial-a- prayer number, and they said they don't have access to the TDB's, but I need to take it to the dealer to diagnose, and they will then see if maybe they can do something. One of my good friends owns a body shop, but even if he paints it, it sounds like it will come right back?

Any ideas will help.

Wayne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike: Thanks for that TSB. We noticed this past weekend on my 99 C5 exactly what the TSB says. I called the dealer I bought the car from new, and even though it only has 14k miles on it, never driven in the rain, etc. they told me to suck it up and I'd have to pay for it myself. I called the gm dial-a- prayer number, and they said they don't have access to the TDB's, but I need to take it to the dealer to diagnose, and they will then see if maybe they can do something. One of my good friends owns a body shop, but even if he paints it, it sounds like it will come right back?

Any ideas will help.

Wayne
Talk to SERVICE MANAGER in person. He has the power to give good will repair. Take it to any dealer that sells a lot of them. That's what I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.