Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

How much do you plan to spend in the next 12 months?

• Minimal

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • $100-500

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • $500-1000

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • $1000-2000

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • $2000-5000

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • $5000 and up.

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you plan to spend on replacement parts, upgrades and modifications this year?

Include everything, tires, stereo's, NOS, custom wheels, new carpet, floor mats, exhaust ... you name it.

(VOTE ABOVE, guests can vote too....)

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I'm going to have to spend alot over the next year to bring mine up to par with everyone else here. I'll probably start with the dress up stuff first, then go to some of the performance stuff.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I will have to say,close to 10 grand,CCWs and tires,Nitrous,LG long tubes x-pipe,stinger cat-back,3:42 rear end and convertor,and a custom paint job.Might have to wait a while longer to get a chopper.10 grand if i'm lucky.:buhbye:
The vendors will love this poll.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Plan To Spend ?

How much do I plan to spend ? Well, maybe I should add up how much I have already shelled out for MODs and Upgrades.

> Lets see, First set of headers: $2200.00 (lasted 45 days - had to take em off - Poor craftman ship).

> Second set of headers $899.00 (a wash - sold em to a club member).

> Third Set of headers - $1500.00 (Currently on my Vette but have to be replaced).

> Fourth set of headers - $1500.00 (will install in the next few weeks - do all the work myself, so have to find the time).

> Ok, so far that's $6,000.00 just for headers:

Lets see what was next. . . . .

> New Xtream Wheels (they Look Great too) with tires mounted - $3,500.00.

> Big Brake Kit from Mov-it - $3000.00 installed.

> Bilstein Sport Shocks - $299. (Not counting installation).

> Power Programmer III - $329.00

> MTI Air Inductions System - $350.00 (Now replaced)

> Donaldson Blackwing Air Induction - $279.00 (Currently on My Vette)

> Vortex Power Duct - $269.99

> 160 degree Thermostat - $69.00

> Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor - $349.99

> B&B Exhaust System - $1,000.00 back in 1999 (now replaced)

> Borla Stinger (4 Tipe) Exhaust System - $649.99 (Current on my Vette)

> Corsa X-Pipe - $269.00

> Then theres the little stuff I don't remember the cost of::huh:

Ok looks like I check in at about - $16,364.97 and change. . . . Hooah !

Man, I never added it all up before . . . . I think I'll hold off for awhile
:thumbsup:

Later Fok=lks,

Cecil Davis
German American Corvette Club
of Baden-Wurttemberg,
Heidelberg, Germany

·
Registered
451 Posts
The $$$$$$ Are Adding Up

Yeah, it doesn't take long to use up a "big chunk-a-change" on MODs and goodies for your Vette.

Cecil Davis
of Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
CCWs and tires
Which CCWs are you thinking of getting? Im trying to talk my dad into selling his Z06 wheels to a friend and get some CCWs but I don't think hes just ready. Hes wanting cross/drilled rotors, headers, and a few other things.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would L O V E to install a Magnusen supercharger. But I doubt, the engine would withstand a longer full throttle run on the racetrack or on the Autobahn. So I think I will buy a Lunati 383cui kit.
Come on guys, tell me your opinion.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Probably just oil changes. I've started looking for a new one. If I don't find what I want it's either new tires or a brand new Z06. Yeah I know that just tires would be cheaper but not as much fun

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Last year it was:

$2 grand for headers/x pipe/high flow cats/wire installed
$500 for intake and air bridge
$200 for shaner tb
$150 for hurst shifter
$45 for MGW shift knob
$25 for the short antena
$100 for zaino

3 grand plus oil changes.

This year it was:

$500 for the 2004 z06 shocks (sold stk 01 Shocks 4 $50)
$1400 for the 3.73 getrag rear gears installed(sold stock 3.42 4 $500)
$840 for 2,000 mile 2003 z06 rims with tires (sold stock 01 rims and 20K tires for $525)
$1200 GMMP extended 72month/50 mile warranty
$100 Zaino

Interestingly enough its around 3 grand yet again..

Next year I might purchase the AFR heads for $2400, then sell the LS6 heads for around $600 if someone is interested.
Cam $400
Total install with parts and ls1edit: 4grand approximate

Might do sports seats:

Leather $500
Foam $250
Labor: $200

Thats about all I can think of.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Super Charger

This is to: Urbman in Germany:

How's it going. . . . ? About your question concerning installing a supercharger and driving on the Autobahns and track. Well, we have a member of our club here in Heidelberg thats running a Pro-Charger Blower (no, it's not a Supercharger) installed by Xtreme Motor Sports, however, you get the same effect (without the sudden Supper Charger kick or Lag when it kicks in). Anyway he doesn't seeme to have any problems on the Autobahans (execpt for all the Euro Iron that gets in his way, :D :D :D )

If it was me. . . . I would go with a Blower instead of Supercharger, but that's just me. . . .

Where in Germany are you located ?

Later,

Cecil Davis
of Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
urbman said:
I would L O V E to install a Magnusen supercharger. But I doubt, the engine would withstand a longer full throttle run on the racetrack or on the Autobahn. So I think I will buy a Lunati 383cui kit.
Come on guys, tell me your opinion.
Sounds like a good plan to me.I like the supercharger idea,but your right the pistons might not like that for a long period of time.How about the stroker and the supercharger?Or a 421 motor.?Can your trans handle it.

One question about "the deal",do i need any special parts,side seals,shafts etc..?Have you ever meet Davisce(German member)or is he far away.He posted some wide-bodies like you were refering to before.DOH-he posted right above me...:laughing:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Cecil,
yesterday I wrote a private message to you, the message tracker tells me, that you did not find it yet. Go to your PM inbox and check it out, then we can go on talking.

Hi Todd,
when money was not the point I would install the 422 GM race block, this would be ~ $30000 alltogether. That's not possible in the moment. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I'll give the 383 Lunati a try.
Your axle:
The only thing you will need is the gasket between tranny and differential. The shaft seals on both sides did not leak, but maybe it's not a bad idea to replace them, the axle was put to storage nearly 2 years ago, I don't know what happens to a shaft seal, when it's just in the air. On the other hand, when they are expensive, I would give it a try with the old ones.
As you've read, I am just trying to contact Cecil, I suggested a meeting maybe after Christmas or so. Cecil is not so far located from me, about 100 miles.

yours
Oliver

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:surprised $30000,thats a lot of money.I will be waiting to hear how you like the power.Hope you can do this soon.I can hardly wait to receive the axle assembly.The 26th i will send money western union,if thats o.k.
Thats cool that you can meet Cecil.You guys can make the two vettes autobahn monsters.:smokin:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wheel, Wheels, Wheels!! If I can ever make up my mind which ones I want. Something shiny in the 2 to 3.5K range. I guess I'm going to need tires too, especially if I go larger than stock wheel sizes. After that, a K&N Fipke Air Filter then I'll be done. I don't drive fast enough to be adding
or spending much more. I'm a vette cruiser, not a vette bruiser. I'm blowing a wad this Spring for sure.

·
Registered
477 Posts
How much?

The car hasn't even been delivered yet I have spent over 3K. No "go fast" stuff yet , just the essentials like frame savers, euro lights, Hurst, Donaldson etc, etc , etc.

Hey , I'm on social Security now , so this is my last hurrah and I'm going for it.
I gave the GTA to my son and getting my dream car! Damn the credit card and full speed ahead!
:)

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: How much?

RF Hayes said:
The car hasn't even been delivered yet I have spent over 3K. No "go fast" stuff yet , just the essentials like frame savers, euro lights, Hurst, Donaldson etc, etc , etc.

Hey , I'm on social Security now , so this is my last hurrah and I'm going for it.
I gave the GTA to my son and getting my dream car! Damn the credit card and full speed ahead!
:)
Right on!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Ummmmm, New Engine.

And Headers.

And Intake.

Oh yeah, and Fuzzy Dice for the mirror.

Should add up to about 8 Large.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Fuzzy Dice

moore_rb said:
Ummmmm, New Engine.

And Headers.

And Intake.

Oh yeah, and Fuzzy Dice for the mirror.

Should add up to about 8 Large.
Fuzzy Dice!!
Dang, thats what I forgot. Better check my JC Whitnney catalog!
:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts