Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have all black interior and would like to change the lower portion of my door panel to silver.

Anyone know how easy it is to do that?

Something like this, but silver not red:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
It's not difficult at all. Make sure you rough up the area to be painted with a fine grit sandpaper first. Make sure the area is cleaned well and completely dry before starting. I would suggest getting two lower door panels so if you ever get tired of it or don't like the way it came out you can go back to original. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not difficult at all. Make sure you rough up the area to be painted with a fine grit sandpaper first. Make sure the area is cleaned well and completely dry before starting. I would suggest getting two lower door panels so if you ever get tired of it or don't like the way it came out you can go back to original. :thumbsup:
So I could just buy the lower pewter portion?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
So I could just buy the lower pewter portion?
That's what I thought you were talking about doing anyway...

I don't know if it comes as two separate pieces though. I just got a new door panel and both sections came as one part. If it does come as a seperate piece, bolting on the parts is child's play.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I currently have all black interior and would like to change the lower portion of my door panel to silver.

Anyone know how easy it is to do that?

Something like this, but silver not red:
I believe that You can buy the panels from Corvette America. I know you can get the knee pads for the bottom of the dash from them.:D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Man, I didn't realize how sweet a deal I got on my door panel. I paid $140. Those things list for over $700! :surprised

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
watch the parts for sale section , there are some guys that part out vettes and you can pick them up pretty resonable :thumbsup: the door panels are 1 piece

oak

·
Registered
40 Posts
Personally I would recommend just buying the door panels that came from the factory with silver on the bottom. It looks great, its easy to replace these door panels and saves you a lot of headache and money. I have some mint condition black ones I'm going to sell but that won't help you but if you look around, I guarantee you'll find what your looking for:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I believe that You can buy the panels from Corvette America. I know you can get the knee pads for the bottom of the dash from them.:D
I'm doing mine now, Millenium Yellow. The panels are VINYL so paint will not hold up. Find a PPG auto paint shop to mix Vinyl "DYE" and air brush it on after masking. The dye is thin so it will take many passes. Also, once you have the panel off the door, you can remove the Bose speaker cover if you want and do something different.

While you're at it, you can do the glove box and passenger air bag cover also,.. glove box easiest if you remove, air bag cover, eh,.. not so much, mask around it and work inside if you have a good area to do so...

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
nice:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts