Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the speedometer is on, when the car starts moving the breaklight on the dashboard flashes the car blocks the engine and stops the car. when we unplug the cabel of the speedometer the car runs perfectly. Anyone has an idea what is the problem?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
Just a few things. First and foremost, what codes if any did you get. You did pull the codes, didn't you? Second, the speedometer doesn't use a cable it uses wires. If you are calling the wiring harness a cable, my apologies. Third, what "breaklight" on the dash? I really don't understand what you are saying, sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply! Sorry if my english is bad im european..
I dont have any error codes. i meant to say wires..
The problem is that the engine runs smooth, but when the car starts moving and the speedometer is on the car stops and the handbreake light flashes on the dashboard

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
It sounds like you might have a ground or lack of ground problem or some wires shorting out with each other. Since the e-brake and the speedometer are not directly connected, I'd ike at the instrument panel or some of the connectors as a starting place. You need to get you multimeter and shop manuals out. None of this can be done with out them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible to change only the body module?
Can the immobilizer make theese kind of problems?
Where can i find the immobiizer in the car?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You are WAY overthinking your problem. Do this: Make a short video so that WE can see what YOU are seeing. Once I see what the car is doing, it will solve our language barrier and we can offer a more plausible solution.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
Is it possible to change only the body module?
Can the immobilizer make theese kind of problems?
Where can i find the immobiizer in the car?
Yes you can change out the Body Control Module (BCM) BUT DON'T DO IT until you are absolutely sure that is the problem.

Also, what is the "immobiier"?

And, please follow Junkman's advice and upload a video of what you are seing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldnt upload the video here so i uploaded it to youtube here is the link:

As you can see in the video the oil pressure is at maximum and when the car starts to move the handbreak sing lamp is on and the car wont move..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well , first off, I think that your oil pressure sensor is bad, and your battery is low. Bad sensor wont hurt anything right now. Charge the battery to 12.5 volts at least. Has your car had the Steering column lock recall done to it?? If not, thats your problem. Read up on this site about the steering column lock bypass and the " LMC5" wiring that you have to wire into your Body control Module. Its down by the passenger foot well, behind that removable panel. The wiring is about 50 dollors. Very easy to do. Im sure that someone else will chime in with more information.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts
You 'forgot' to mention the service column lock. :spanked: Search this site for threads on how to fix it. You car seems to be working like it is supposed to. With the malfunctioning column lock the computer shuts off the fuel pump and the car won't move. Fix that and is should be okay. If not let us know. Also with that you should have gotten some codes

·
Registered
60 Posts
I must add. With your car in park, and your key out of the ignition switch, can you turn your steering wheel??? If you can turn the wheel, then the column lock bypass has been put in your steering column. All you have to do then, is to install the "LMC5" module wiring down in your Body Control Module connectors. Then sometime, fix that oil pressure sensor. Then your gage will read right.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You need to look at these two threads, where I have provided more than enough information to solve BOTH of your issues. Like I said before, you were WAY overthinking your problem.

EOP Sensor Replacement/Repair

Column Lock Bypass Repair

Both of these threads are stickies at the top of this forum because they occur so frequently. Always check the stickies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts