Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on oil chage you should open hood,both doors and trunk . Is this true,or crap , its suppossed to keep fiberglass from cracking. I do it,but do i need too?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
This was an issue with the C3 mutiple fiberglass panel bonding seams flexing when jacking one side or lifting on 2-post lift only. The glass t-tops on the C3 would have a tendency to crack if in a bind, so the solution was to unlock the tops. Not an issue with C5 panels.

But, the C5 "batwing" oil pan does require the back of the car to be lifted higher than the front to drain properly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I heard the same thing but can tell you from experience that it's a myth. Done several oil changes on my 02 Vert and the only thing I keep open is the hood and nothing ever cracked or flexed. If it makes you feel better then keep everything open certainly won't hurt, but not nessesary.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
...But, the C5 "batwing" oil pan does require the back of the car to be lifted higher than the front to drain completely.
There, fixed it. :thumbsup:

OP, Fly is correct. That problem has absolutely nothing to do with the 5th generation Vettes. Don't pass that bum scoop along. It will make you look stupid to those of us who know better. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for giving me real scoop , its nice i dont need to do , to not damage my baby. Rumors on this are wild, but could find nobody asking real people with c5s. sorry if i stirred up the pot ,i did not mean too. Once again ,thanks guys great to get facts from real people.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Thanks for giving me real scoop , its nice i dont need to do , to not damage my baby. Rumors on this are wild, but could find nobody asking real people with c5s. sorry if i stirred up the pot ,i did not mean too. Once again ,thanks guys great to get facts from real people.
You didn't stir any pots. You came to the right place to get the correct scoop. Nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts