Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the 50th Aniv. C5 on top of the C6 pic for comparison. The toughest thing about is that the C6 looks like is being "hooked" down and and so alignement is difficult. You can see some differecens though, like the wheelbase seems shorter on the C6 (which we knew), you can also see the lenght is quite different (which we also knew). Anything else you guys see except for the obvious??? I'll keep working on it so I can get a better alignment. If someone can host the pic it would be awesome.

Click here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay made a little update to show C5 has smaller wheels, now you can see every body panel is different, the wheelenght is obvious, so are the overhangs (although it looks like the C6, might have a bigger butt, but a nicer one, like its been working out) I know this photochop pretty much sucks, but it worth a shot.

Updated

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Hi Butta,

Welcome to DC. great post. You did a great job. Looks like they did a pretty good job reducing the front overhang, but it's pretty disappointingly close in the rear. We had heard and speculated about it being sooo much shorter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great job, they really did shrink the vette quite a bit. Not a whole lot, but its a small car as it is.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Great work. Good comparison!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
how do you know both cars are the same scale?

·
Registered
113 Posts
C5/C6 Overlay. Very interesting...

Hi,

I just took a picture of my C5 from approx. the same angle as islandhopper's picture. First, I dropped the C6's rear wheel/tire to approx. where it should be (compared to the front wheel/tire position. I then adjusted the angle of the cars to be approx. the same. I then overlayed my Millennium Yellow C5 on top of the C6 and aligned them on the side mirrors and doors. I'm hoping this presents a more accurate image of the two cars together.

I noticed some interesting things. The front C6 wheel appears to be 18". Assuming the angles are correct, you can see that the C6 has a slightly longer wheel base than the C5 which we have all heard it would have. However, the overall length of the C6 appears to be slightly longer than the C5. I did not expect to see this.

(Click image for a larger view.)

The lugs match up perfectly on the two images when you put the wheels over each other.

Here are two images of just the rear wheels:

C6 rear wheel:

C5 rear wheel:

:buhbye:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts