Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the POP up HID kits I see offered from various supporting vendors. I know they come in either chrome or black housing, however I have been looking for before/after photos and beam comparisons on line and have not been able to find any. The few posts on this forum were of confusion and challenges with the housing so I wonder if there are any success stories out there. The mod is not cheap - around $800.

Thanks!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
I just installed some a few nights ago that I got from Corvette Garage. I don't have any night pics but it sure lights up the garage with bright white light. It will probably be this week end before I can get out at night to snap a few

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed some a few nights ago that I got from Corvette Garage. I don't have any night pics but it sure lights up the garage with bright white light. It will probably be this week end before I can get out at night to snap a few

Thanks. What housing did you choose - chrome or black? Was the install easy? Is the Mod worth the cost? I really like the idea of the modding the lights while keeping the pop of personality of the C5, however I haven't seen the mod performed too much.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Got the black, and had them installed. They even look great off. These replaced My T-84 Euro's converted to HID, So I already had good lights! The funny thing is that I don't use them at all on the street, just drive with my PIAA's.

Frank :cheers:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Got the black, and had them installed. They even look great off. These replaced My T-84 Euro's converted to HID, So I already had good lights! The funny thing is that I don't use them at all on the street, just drive with my PIAA's.

Frank :cheers:

:thud: :thud: :thud: I LOVE those!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks, just pop em' at shows! :lookinup: :laughing:

Frank

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
Thanks. What housing did you choose - chrome or black? Was the install easy? Is the Mod worth the cost? I really like the idea of the modding the lights while keeping the pop of personality of the C5, however I haven't seen the mod performed too much.
I got the black. Well worth the wait. Read the directions twice at a minimum. and follow them to the letter and you won't have any problems. With the CG directions they wrote about installing a pad in teh cover to reduce vibration and installing one of the wires under a white strap. After looking at it and re-reading teh instructions I found they had already done the first part. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the black. Well worth the wait. Read the directions twice at a minimum. and follow them to the letter and you won't have any problems. With the CG directions they wrote about installing a pad in teh cover to reduce vibration and installing one of the wires under a white strap. After looking at it and re-reading teh instructions I found they had already done the first part. :laughing:
Thanks for the tip. I love this mod, however I usually freak out thinking I'll be driving along at night and then suddenly one of my front lights will be dangling by it's wires. Was there concern for the housing units rattling thus the use of a buffer pad? Was that included?

Also, any comparision beam/night shots. They look awesome and IMO maintains the integrity of the C5 and it's pop-up heritage. I know the exposed HIDs were killer, however I really want to keep the lights out of site when not needed.

PS - I also plan to install some PIAAs....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here are the shots of my chrome housing H.I.D's:

The difference compared to stock is amazing. . . . you kind of want to drive with them up all the time:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts