Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
C5 Project (Lots of progress pic's)

Well I got 193K miles on my C5 so I thought it was time for a freshen up. Started getting it ready today. I am going to do a complete paint job with graphics, match the fule rail covers and plenum, new seats, carpet and a few other accent mods.
Here are a few pic of the start up. I will be off all week so plan dedicate all my time to this. Here are a few pics of the start.

·
Supporting Vendor
210 Posts
Looking FWD to the progress pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Awesome, keep us updated with photos! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
maybe you should paint the b-pillar black to match the roof, the rest of the car red.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day two, further progress on the body panels. I am going to get the bulk of the sanding before taking it further apart.

Shop helpers

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Holy cow! I didn't think a car would still have paint at 193k. Yours looked great before you even started.

·
Registered
673 Posts
:thumbsup:

Will be watching this.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Can't wait to see how it turns out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Patrick, yes I have painted way to many to count. I do not enjoy the grunt work but the paint job is only as good as the prep and I love to do the paint work.

I actually got a lot done today, right door, both rear quarters, roll bar, and left door. I had to do some minor body work on the door and right side rocker. I feel pretty good about three days progress. Here are a couple more pics. I know it looks like more of the same but I'm just keeping up.

·
Registered
728 Posts
lookin good cant wait to see it done:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
It must be nice not having to throw your back out while sanding those rockers! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a fact Junkman! This is the first time I have had a lift while doing the prep and it is great. I have raised and lowered it a bunch to get the optimum work height, and I spent a lot of time on the rockers today, they take a beating.

Got all the rest of the bulk sanding done today so I have been inspecting it with a fine tooth comb to make sure I didn't miss and small paint chips, nicks or defects. More to come!

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Hell of a project for one person,a lot of fun though .

1 - 20 of 114 Posts