Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C5 rear lights

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  vase 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.
I would be pleased if someone could give me some information conserning the C5 Corvette rear lights. The rear lights are the same in all C5 (1999 - 2003??) corvettes? The lights are oval and "fully red" in all C5? By fully red i mean that there is not any other color in the light than ..red :D. I would also be very happy to know the measures of the rear lights. And if someone has some other specs, that would be useful too.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm from Finland so my english might not be very good - I wouldn't know.. :rolleyes:

#2 ·
Hey Vase,

Welcome to DC :buhbye:

I'm pretty certain that all C5 tail lights are the same in color and shape. Some car owners do replace the tail lights w/euro tail lights that are different in color. Regarding the measurments I'll have to get those later this evening.

I smell something cooking.

:cheers:

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcoming and information. If you have the time to get the measurements that would be excellent! Apparently the Finnish chervolet importer is not very interested in getting me the information I want :down: . Well, I guess they want me to buy the whole car and that i can't afford :D . I just want the lights:rolleyes: But it's nice that you can help. :)

#4 ·
The lens are all the same size. On the Vettes that are produced in Bowling Green for the export market have different color lens to comply with foriegn lighting regulation. I understand the the light buckt is slightly different as well, but the units as a whole are interchangeable

#5 ·
Rear Lights

All US C5's have the same tail lights which are ALL red, The Euro (export) models vary, but most have seperate amber turn signals on thier outer most lights and clear reverse lamps on their inner lenses.
Below is my car which has all four with the amber turn indicators.
[/IMG]

#6 ·
that's good to know - I'm not sure whether I should get usa or europe style lights. red usa style looks nicer I think but those would be illegal here. If someone has the time to take some measures of the lights I would really appreciate it. I need to know if they fit on my car or not.. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Originally posted by TIKTGTR ...<br>
Vase, The measurements are as follows.
5 1/2' long and 8 1/4' wide. Hope this helps! :cheers:<br>
Yes, that helps alot. Thanks! Now that I have the measures and all other info it's probably safe to tell you in which car I was thinking of installing them. :D
I have a nissan 240sx and the original lights are quite boring. I think the corvette lights may look nice in my sx.

my friend told me not to tell you guys in which car I would install the lights before I have the information. he said: " If you tell them that you're about to install corvette lights on your nissan the information flow will stop immediately. Corvette drivers hate japanese cars." :laughing: .. I hope that is not true.. :rolleyes:

but once again - big thanks to everybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.