Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a call from the previous owner of my C5. He said he found some books I might be interested in before he throws them away. I went to his house and he had these. I asked how much, he said just take em! Man, if you put all three volumes in a stack it is like 4" thick. Pages are in perfect shape. Just a little shelf life on the covers. He also had the huge binders to put them all in from GM.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey, same year as mine. Those have great information in them, but they can be hard as hell to read. The index could use a lot of work.

However, I've found mine invaluable. I've replaced my rear differential seal, shifter cable, AC tensioner, and repaired my AC Head Unit using those plus information on the internet. Next up is my A/H Steering Sensor, oil pressure sender unit, and turn signal/ hazard switch. Boy, my car sounds like its falling apart. :laughing:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought that OBDII scan tool (hardware), so I can check what's wrong with my car without going to a mechanic. Now that I have all the data, I don't know what is the correct range of values for different sensors (to see if it's faulty).

Anyone who has these service manuals, can you confirm please, if there's any information on those sensors and their operating ranges. For example O2 sensors, steering wheel sensors, ect.

If so, I might buy these manuals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts