Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently making room in the center compartment in the back of my 2001 coupe for a sub woofer enclosure. I have removed the stock CD changer and brackets that hold the changer in place. I now have 4 studs left that appear to go through the tub. I removed one of the tail lights expecting to see a bracket on the back side. I do not see any way to remove the studs. I searched and found some install instructions for a cd changer kit, they mention using epoxy with the bracket. My question is when they added the cd changer did they epoxy the studs in? should I just use a cut off wheel to remove them? thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
CD Changer Mounting Bracket

The bracket is supposed to be epoxy'd to the rear of the center tub. The studs are welded to this steel plate and do no protrude through the fiberglass tub. The side brackets of the changer mount to these studs. They are also suppoed to be pop rivited. If you're lucky, maybe they only rivited, in which case you could probably remove intact. Ironically, I just finished installing a changer harness in my '98 and I really need this bracket you mentioned to mount my unit. Trouble is, most are epoxy'd and can't be reused. If all else fails, you can cut the studs. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts