Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't know of a place that shows them but if my memory serves me well I think there have only been 6 wheels choices since 1997.
They would be:
1) Base wagon wheel 1997 to 1999
2) Chromed wagon wheel 1997 to 1999
3) Base Thin 5 spoke Y2k wheel 2000 to 2004
4) Hi-polished Thin 5 Spoke Y2k wheel 2000 to 2004
5) The Z06 grey wheels 2001 - 2004
6) The polished Z06 wheel 2004 CE Z06 edition only

Maybe there are others, and if so, please someone add to this list!

G

·
You only forgot one, the Magnesium wheels.

Oh and the wagon wheels came painted yellow for the 98 pace car and the 50th Anniversary cars had their thin spokes painted gold!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks glennm27, big law man. The reason I ask is because I saw a C5 with some nice looking wheels and they looked factory to me (the car was on a dealers lot). The wheels were a thin 5 spoke design but they werent chrome. They were kind of a dark color and I could have swore that it said "magnesium" in little yellow letters on the outside of the rim (but it didnt look like the magnesium fat spoke wheels). This was well over a year ago that I saw this so my memory is getting cloudy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here is a list of all the wheels that came from the factory from 1997 - current.

1) Painted cast "Wagon Wheel" MY 1997 to 1999
2) Painted cast "Yellow Wagon Wheel" Pace Car Edition Only, MY 1998
2) Painted forged Thin "Y2K Wheel" MY 2000 (switched to new Thick Y2K wheel in January 2000)
3) Painted cast Thick "Y2K Wheel" MY 2000 (beginning in January 2000) - current.
4) Painted cast "50th Anniversary Wheel" 50th Anniversary Edition Only, MY 2003
5) Hi-polished forged Thin "Y2K Wheel" MY 2000 - current
6) Painted forged "Z06 Wheel" MY 2001
7) Painted cast spun "Z06 Wheel" MY 2002 - current
8) Hi-polished "Z06 Wheel" Z16 Edition Only, MY 2004
9) Painted "Magnesium Wheel" off an on availability MY 1997 - current.

* They never offered chrome as a factory option. Those are all aftermarket chromed wheels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The reason I ask is because I saw a C5 with some nice looking wheels and they looked factory to me (the car was on a dealers lot). The wheels were a thin 5 spoke design but they werent chrome. They were kind of a dark color and I could have swore that it said "magnesium" in little yellow letters on the outside of the rim (but it didnt look like the magnesium fat spoke wheels).
You have correctly described the factory magnesium wheels. To my knowledge, there was/is no "magnesium fat spoke wheel" to which you made reference - not sure what you're thinking of....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by wamara ...<br>
You have correctly described the factory magnesium wheels. To my knowledge, there was/is no "magnesium fat spoke wheel" to which you made reference - not sure what you're thinking of....<br>
I am calling these the fat spoke magnesium http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437917429&category=43958

This is the shape (not the right finish) of the wheel that I thought I saw http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437948387&category=38662

·
Registered
21 Posts
ripsvette: your first link shows what I believe are the optional factory magnesium wheels. I'm not aware of their ever having been different....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by wamara ...<br>
ripsvette: your first link shows what I believe are the optional factory magnesium wheels. I'm not aware of their ever having been different....<br>
Thanks, Like I said it was a long time ago that I "thought" I saw this wheel. Oh well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts