Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying some c5 wheels from Corvettes of Houston. How good is the product and would you recommend buying from them. I am looking on buying the 2000 C5 style reproduction chrome wheels. Any comments about their product? Thanks in advance.:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Honestly? I've heard the quality of reproduction wheels right now is in the toilet.

I'm hearing everything from utterly excessive wheel weights needed to balance, to wheels being out of round, center caps not the right size, and heard of some flying off.

Maybe consider painting/chroming/powder coating your current wheels? Seems to me reproduction wheels were much better in years past.

As for Corvettes of Houston, no idea, you'll just have to take your chances. The vendors on the left sell the exact same wheels (manufacturer, everything) and have proven track records here with members.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
whats up john, ive bought two sets of repro wheels from them in the past, and have had no problem. theyre a good company and the price is not that bad. i had no complaints, and ive bought other merchandise from them. good luck,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jesse and Patrick.
I'm sure we have all been there before wanting to get a quality product at a good price. Did either one of you keep the same TPS and just put them in the new wheels or buy new ones?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts