Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one polished out a set of c5 2004 painted wheels or knows where if it can be done and is it worth the time Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
What are you trying to polish out? Paint on wheels is no different than paint on the body. If the scratches are through the clear and into the color, you MIGHT be able to clean them up. If the scratches are into the primer/metal, you'll need to repaint. Wheels really take a beating. I recommend, like mentioned above, to powder coat them.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
What are you trying to polish out? Paint on wheels is no different than paint on the body. If the scratches are through the clear and into the color, you MIGHT be able to clean them up. If the scratches are into the primer/metal, you'll need to repaint. Wheels really take a beating. I recommend, like mentioned above, to powder coat them.

I'm sure he means that he wants to remove all the paint and polish the aluminum to a shine

·
Registered
53 Posts
oh, ok. Hand polishing wheels takes a long time! And polished Alum. tarnishes easily. Clear Coat them when done.

Might be better off with chrome. I think West Coast Corvettes has good prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts