Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Im in the market for a Corvette and need help finding out which one will be best for me. I live in Alabama, never owned a car (only trucks and Jeeps), and track my sportsbikes. Im looking to get a Corvette as a daily/weekend track car about 5 times a year give or take. Im looking between the 02-04 Z06 and the 05+ C6 base. My limited knowledge in Corvettes tells me the Z06 C5 will be the better track car and the C6 a better daily. As it stands, Im leaning towards the C6. Price range is up

·
Registered
72 Posts
horses for courses

If you plan on racing, the performance model would seem the obvious way to go, unless you have a stock class in mind.

MY car is bone stock, and a convertible with every option available, except anniversary paint. not an obvious choice for a race car.

But it was being set up as a stock shop auto crosser before the previous owner bought it out from the back of the shop. You can tell because of the small position dot on the steering wheel and almost every other interior screw is missing.

here is some food for thought , the windshield is thinner and lighter on the Z. I am told details make for winners, and some take advantage of interchangeable parts to build from stock, but that is a lot of expensive parts and time.

While on the subject, my convertible windshield is a special parts number, with an optical surface needed for the heads up display. If you want that display, no Z for you, unless diy.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
While on the subject, my convertible windshield is a special parts number, with an optical surface needed for the heads up display. If you want that display, no Z for you, unless diy.
You can get a Z with a HUD. They are very common with it. My Z has a special part number also that is different from yours. Mine has the coating for the HUD but it is also thinner glass than the coupe or vert to make it lighter

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
The C5 Z is hands down best buy for your buck. Either for daily or track, hope you know a good dentist for those pearly whites .....cause you will be doing a lot of smiling :D

just my .02, HuD was standard on a C5 Z

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2002 Z06 and it was a great car. When I started looking again, I was contemplating the same as you. Do I buy a C5 Z06 or a base C6. Then I drove the C6 Z06 and bought it on the spot. This car is amazing! If it is in your budget, I would definitely recommend the C6 Z06.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts