Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I saw the supercharged C5 in this link and fell in love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2cyb_XoSF8
I was wondering if only reg. C5's had the removable hard top or if the Z06 was also available w/ t-tops or a removable hard top.
Factory C5 Z06's only came as a fixed roof coupe, which means no targa option. It is actually a different body style than the coupe unlike the C6 Z06 which pretty much shares the same shape as its coupe counterpart.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Factory C5 Z06's only came as a fixed roof coupe, which means no targa option. It is actually a different body style than the coupe unlike the C6 Z06 which pretty much shares the same shape as its coupe counterpart.

:thumbsup:
Looks like Ponch beat me too it.

:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,684 Posts
There were some coupes and verts that had a retractable hardtop installed that made them LOOK like a Z06. The conversion cost about 10K

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i think caravaggio makes a converstion for a z06 convertable and maby a coupe

but just to let you know thats not a zo6

·
Registered
618 Posts
there are a couple of people on our sister forum (CF) that have built custom FRC style tops with targa removable roofs...really cool, but really expensive. GB's vette also retains the option to have the vert style hinge as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn. I REALLY wish they had the targa option for the C5 Z06. I did think it was a Z06 at first, but then went back to the description and saw nothing, so I figured it wasn't. Then again, maybe I could just get a stock C5 w/ the targa and just mod to push some more power.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why they do not do Z06 with removable hartop like the CLK Benz

so we can enjoy the power with a removable hardtop and diff from the C5s

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Why they do not do Z06 with removable hartop like the CLK Benz

so we can enjoy the power with a removable hardtop and diff from the C5s
It would add weight and reduce structural rigidity. Not what the ZO6 is about.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It would add weight and reduce structural rigidity. Not what the ZO6 is about.
Exactly, Z06 does what it's meant for be a true sports car.

If you want a luxury sports car, like the Merc, but just with an American touch, check out the XLR-V. Plenty of power, yet well refined.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Exactly, Z06 does what it's meant for be a true sports car.

If you want a luxury sports car, like the Merc, but just with an American touch, check out the XLR-V. Plenty of power, yet well refined.
:agree:

I believe the XLR-V is supercharged and produces enough ponies to play with vettes.

The XLR's skeleton and overall setup is similar to the C5 in many respects...but with luxury superseding performance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd love to have a tagra top.
It can be done with a little work. The frames are the same for the FRC and the Coupe. A little change in the moldings, some hardware and a chop accross the roof and you could have one too.

I'm in the midst of converting my coupe to an FRC so I have done a lot of research on this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts