Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not rwad these details but they are interesting: Round Rear Lights 6.3 liters..sounds good

"Similar in design to the C5, the new C6 hasmany new body modifications...some blunt, some subtle.

Beginning with the body, the C6 has a longer wheelbase than the C5. On the coupe model, the rear window ends almost completely at the trailing edge of the body. The side body panels have been more deeply scupted, and the fron wheel wells bulge similarly to the new RX-8. The C6 also has a new treat for us...fixed headlights and a less pointy nose. The rear tail lights have been changed from four ovals to four round lights. The rear of the car is no longer flat aswell, it has been sculpted with a slight V-shape that will be bridged by a spoiler with the third brake light. But under the hood is where the REAL fun begins.

Thought the motor still remains a pushrod V-8, it has been stroked from 5.7 liters to 6.3 liters. Because of this and better intake breathing, the new motor should make up to 450 hpr and450 pound-feet of torque...

data taken from July 2003 issue of C&D"

·
Registered
0 Posts
jerseyvette said:

Thought the motor still remains a pushrod V-8, it has been stroked from 5.7 liters to 6.3 liters. Because of this and better intake breathing, the new motor should make up to 450 hpr and450 pound-feet of torque...
data taken from July 2003 issue of C&D"

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
couple of mod's to the c6,and your pushing 500hp,25 mile's to the gallon with the a/c...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Everything sounds pretty good. Not crazy about the spoiler with the third light though. I hope there is a spoiler delete option if that is true.

·
Registered
8 Posts
TreCool626 said:
Everything sounds pretty good. Not crazy about the spoiler with the third light though. I hope there is a spoiler delete option if that is true.
I don't think that the spoiler rumor is accurate. One of the things that the corvette design team sought for in the design of the C5 was a clean aerodynamic shape - something that most spoilers do not lend themselves to. True, in cars which live at 80+ MPH, corner at high speeds, and need maxiumum friction between the wheels and road for acceleration, the increased downforce on the wheels outweighs the negative aspect of the increased drag created by a spoiler. However, in the case of the Corvette, the design team for the C5 did use some pretty cool CFD (computational fluid dynamics) modeling to shape the actual car so as to achieve this to a certain degree without the use of the spoiler. The idea is similar to that of a lifting body - if you can shape the actual body of the vehicle so that the air flowing over one surface is accelerated and moving faster than the air flowing the opposite one, you can generate lift or downforce without the use of a wing or spoiler.

BTW, too bad you lost to the Irish - after our loss to them last year I would have like to seen another service academy put them in their place.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
We'll all know in January. Some will like it and some won't. But, we'll all have to live with it

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
That does kinda make me excited about the c6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts