Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several times since I bought my '09, I have received a check engine light. In every case, it has been a loose gas cap. If I tightened the cap, the light would go out within a day. About a week ago the light came on and I checked the cap. It was clearly broken because it would not tighten at all. Even though it's still in warranty, I wanted to avoid a couple days in the shop to get a new cap so I bought one at the Chevy dealer for $23. It tightened fine, and I expected the light to go out pretty soon, but after 3 days, it's still on. Is there a way to reset that light so I can see if it will stay away? I don't know the procedure for checking codes or anything, and I can take it to Chevy if I need to , but was hoping it was something simple so I could avoid the shop time. All gauges are normal and it feels perfectly normal.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my car the Light thrown from a loose Gas Cap goes out after 3 start cycles. You can reset the light if you have a scan tool or a shop could do it for you while verifying the only issue is the gas cap. I am in Houston this week or I would meet you and read/reset it for you.

:cheers:
I've probably started it a dozen times since I put the new cap on it. The Chevy dealer is close to my office. I'll probably just drop it off on the way to work one day. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts