Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was bored and decided to take the latest C6 Spy shot and turn it into my own little concept for the C6. Since I'm more skilled with a pencil than a mouse, I decided to make a sketch of what I thought could be under that cammo. Well, here it is:

I'd like some feedback from a few people so I can make a better second draft.

If when you click the link the image doesn't show and says "Image Pending Approval," just check back later.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
In ths spy shot their is some real funky stuff going on with the cammo. I spent at least 2 hours analyzing/undoing the cammo.

The right side of the pic (the driver fender) is not as wide as you show it. In the pic, the cammo is getting air under it or something, or was padded to make it look distorted.

I think you are correct that the center section of the hood comes down to a point.

But, I think the actual "mouth" on the front airdam will look nothing like the mesh-open-area on the spy shot.

Think Tigershark.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Very nice job.
I agree with Pat on a few things but not all. I wouldnt say think TigerShark, I would say think Caddy. Look at the lines on the Xlr and try and bring some of that over. I dont think it would look like the TigerShark but who knows?.

:smokin:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That's horrible I can't believe you would even show that!!!!!!
I'm just kidding:stick: nice drawing I can't even do stick figures.
I like the mouth (grill area) I hope they go with it.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Its definately got potential. I can't draw a bath, so I can't give you any tips on what it needs. You're pretty good on the sketching. ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Anyways, what I'm really looking for is tips on things such as the shape/build of the headlights and the architecture of the intake scoop. Any ideas, suggestions, or pretty much anything else are much appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
NemesisX said:
Thanks for the feedback. Anyways, what I'm really looking for is tips on things such as the shape/build of the headlights and the architecture of the intake scoop. Any ideas, suggestions, or pretty much anything else are much appreciated. :thumbsup:
Just use your imagination.

If you want inspiration, go to www.google.com and search for "concept cars". Then, click the "images" tab at the top of the google page.

Then flip through the photos, open what looks cool.

Those pics should inspire you....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Just use your imagination.

If you want inspiration, go to www.google.com and search for "concept cars". Then, click the "images" tab at the top of the google page.

Then flip through the photos, open what looks cool.

Those pics should inspire you....:thumbsup:
Hey how come u never gave me that info...:stick:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dalc5 said:
The rear wheel is bent..................just kidding.:laughing: :laughing:
nice, keep em coming.
Yeah, wheels aren't my strongest suit when drawing cars. Usually its the worst part on any drawing for me. Either way, my main focus is on the body.

Speaking of which, here is my second draft for this picture:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3696&papass=&sort=1&thecat=996

I've taken some advice and re-did the mouth, as well as took a little creativity and changed the headlights and sharpened up a few lines (ie: hood scoop is cleaner and neater). Nothing major, but I still think it's an improvement.

For my next sketch I'll probably take a 3/4 view spyshot (rather than upgrade this view) and make something similar to this. It wont be the same, but they will have noticable similarities. Expect that within a week.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I like the wider mouth in the second drawing and the improvement in the headlights. How about smoothing out the lines on the hood and roof panels? Less abrupt maybe? just a thought.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take that into consideration in my next concept. I think I'm going to put this one on hiatus for a while, since there's little to change in the next draft, but thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup: Like I said, my next goal is to do rear and front 3/4 views, and I'll probably pump those out by saturday or so.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loggins1 said:
Remember think Caddy. Good Luck!
:thumbsup:
We'll see, I'm trying to predict rather than just make something cool up (although I will tailor my "predictions" to my own tastes), but I will see if i can add some Caddy to it. My next project will be the rear 3/4 view from the latest run of spy shots in both coupe and convertible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts