Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased the Complete HUD kit for my 2010 C6 base model vette from Corvette mods who i think gets it from www.thedoubleaa.com site. It never had one and i thought this would be a nice feature to add. Here's my issue; I have installed the unit completely with out any issue and I have verified that the pin outs on the harness are correct. I am pretty good with my wiring and schematic skills so I know that the connections I have made are correct. (Actually the vendor had an error in their connection pin outs, they stated that the Brown wire from the black harness should be connected to pin5 which is incorrect, it should be pin 2 for the illumination wire). With that said when i turn on the car the HUD light up and initializes and everything looks fine, then the display looks like it re-initializes, my check engine goes on, my gas gauge drops to empty, service tire sensor light, my oil pressure gauge drops to zero, air bag lights come on..... the HUD display blanks out and the then the car shuts off!! Has anyone seen this before or know what is going on?? If i disconnect the HUD or the bezel connector (blue connector) the car is fine and remains on. I have triple and quadruple checked the wiring......any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts