Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

See anything wrong here? I don't know about you guys but this ticks me off...:bang

I just looked it up at Edmunds also and they quoted the C6 Vert at Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.27 sec.

I know it's a little hard to read, but it says the Corvette is a 3.2 L 6 Cyl :rolling:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Yeah, that's to give them new Lotus-owners a little bit of hope... Of course, they only see taillights when they try to outrun a C6:laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
:thud: moral of the story copy writers don't know cars.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thud:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It also says the BMW M3 gets an 1 mpg in the city and 23 on the hwy :rolling:

·
Banned
35 Posts
I'm sure they meant to put 4.4 because it has the stars by it which usually means its the fastest. And the slowest time I've EVER seen for a c6 coupe or convertible was 4.8, actually it was 4.78 and rounded to 4.8. I've also seen 3.9.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure they meant to put 4.4 because it has the stars by it which usually means its the fastest. And the slowest time I've EVER seen for a c6 coupe or convertible was 4.8, actually it was 4.78 and rounded to 4.8. I've also seen 3.9.
The stars are referring to where they got the information. In this case, it was edmunds.com :smack

·
Registered
939 Posts
This is Blasphemy!!!

oh well, at least we all know the truth :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,115 Posts
Clearly the ad was not proofed well - putting the BMW engine and 0-60 time in the vette column. Idiots.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It would be cool if GM had a 400 horsepower 3.2 L V6. But this article is just wrong. 1 MPG, LOL. 0-60 5.4 seconds LOL. everything is absurd to the point that I'm not even mad about it, I think it's funny. The only people who will believe that a 400 HP Corvette is that slow and has a V6 are people who champion Honda's and think the civic Type R should be sold in America because it has 225 HP and VTec is the end all beat all :rolling:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts