Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Looking into Corvettes for city use(work is an 8mi commute there and back) but I would be getting rid of my current car. I have an old beater pickup for winter so that's not an issue. Wondering how comfortable the base C6's are and if it's worth it to save up for a Z06 for that extra performance. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
The biggest issue I've experience regarding comfort for (other) people is getting in and out. If you're a big person or just unable to lower/lift yourself in/out, then it will get old fast as a DD. Other than that, I've driven mine long distances while still feeling comfortable.

As far as wanting the extra 75 horsepower from a Z06, I am more than happy with the standard 6.2 liter. What's your experience with 430 HP or 505 HP? Unless you've already handled light automobiles with this much horsepower, you're going to quickly find yourself with possibly more than you need. The higher horsepower Corvettes take a very delicate foot and a set of extra sticky rear tires help.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I bought my 06 from my boss with 8k on the ODO, my boss immediately bought a Z06 - don't remember if it was an 06 or 07. After a few months we had a talk and he told me that he missed the base because the Z06 had a stiffer ride and wasn't as comfortable as the base ( the boss is like 6'2"). That discussion went a long way with me in deciding to go with pulling the pin on an Edelbrock SC.

Kenny GS is spot on when discussing the extra HP. My base is a whole different animal now with the Supercharger.

Just ****ing do like I said and get a rag top C7 Z06 in blue :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
There is another little often unsung thing about the Z06 that needs to be considered when thinking about a DD. The C6 Z06 has a lightweight aluminum frame. A quick search on youtube of some of the new aluminum framed trucks in crash tests vs. just a few years prior will show very well why the Z06 might not be the best option for the DD. For our Daily lives we should adhere to Safety First. Being stupid and risking life and limb is for short stints on the track. The DD should be as safe as any other car on the road. And I think that is why even the C6 grand sport has the steel frame of the base model. Z06 is intended to be a track rat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts