Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey do you guys know anything about the DOD(displacement on demand) system being in the new C6? I've been hearing alot of rumors...

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
<Vette fan> said:
Hey do you guys know anything about the DOD(displacement on demand) system being in the new C6? I've been hearing alot of rumors...
That rumor has been tossed around quite a bit over the last year or 2. I think how things stand currently is that the motor will be all raw, no displacement on demand.

Of course, no one knows anything for sure! It could have a V6.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have heard that rumor . Hasn't Cadillac been kicking around that idea also?
I think it would be good for a Caddy, not to sure if I would want it on a Vette.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Re: Re: C6 & DOD system

Patrick96LT4 said:
It could have a V6.:thumbsup:
:down:

That's not even funny to joke about. And I want all my engine all the time.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Re: Re: Re: C6 & DOD system

TreCool626 said:
:down:

That's not even funny to joke about. And I want all my engine all the time.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :agree:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Re: Re: C6 & DOD system

Patrick96LT4 said:
It could have a V6.:thumbsup:
No Company would Put a V6 in a car and call it a sports car . Or would they......

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I know I'll get bashed by this one but a Mustang is a Pony car, not a sports car.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,613 Posts
TreCool626 said:
I know I'll get bashed by this one but a Mustang is a Pony car, not a sports car.

Aren't the calling the new Thunderchicken a sports car?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,613 Posts
Displacement on demand could be good. It would be like "I'm going drag racing this weekend and I'll probably need 700 cid" and poof you'd have 700 cubes

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i think they should leave it to caddy until they've been able to test it out on the public...

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Displacement on demand could be good. It would be like "I'm going drag racing this weekend and I'll probably need 700 cid" and poof you'd have 700 cubes
That'd be sweet!:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The September 2003 techbrief from the SAE's Automotive Engineering International Online has further info on the 3V versions of GM's GenIV V8 and High Value V6 engines. Frederick Rozario, Development Engineer, Advanced Powertrain, revealed that "while the added mass in the valvetrain might seem to be an obstacle to high pm operation, the Corvette engine will rev to 7000 rpm with a 30% margin of safety. It can go to 8000 rpm safely." Despite using a single cam, this engine also uses a cam phaser to vary valve timing, providing "80% of the benefit of a system with separate intake and exhaust phasers."

While the base 6.0-l engine in the C6 Corvette will produce 406 hp, the 24V 6.3-l VVT engine in development will produce 500 hp, requiring a higher-output water pump. Both 3V V8 and V6 engines with DOD and cam phasing use new oil pumps - a two stage (high and low flow) pump in the V8 and a continuously variable pump on the V6.

While this is "probably" the LS6 equivalent we don't know for sure if or when these features will be available in a production Corvette engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts