Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '2012 gs the drivers side door can not open from inside, which seems to be electric . wouldn't open at all. The window drops a little as it's supposed to, but the latch makes no attempt to release. The manual release in the back is mechanical and it works, I can open from out side no trouble .passinger side out and in side no trouble

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '2012 gs the drivers side door can not open from inside, which seems to be electric . wouldn't open at all. The window drops a little as it's supposed to, but the latch makes no attempt to release. The manual release in the back is mechanical and it works, I can open from out side no trouble .passinger side out and in side no trouble
Probably get a new switch. they are easy to replace and not terribly expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an issue with opening my driver side door today from the inside. I am only able to open the door using the emergency door opener. From the outside, i am able to open the door and can hear the door disengage. On the inside, the window rolls down slightly but i do not hear the door disengage nor does it open. Everything works fine on the passenger side. Can anyone help me with this issue?

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I believe perschjf already provided you with the correct answer. More than likely, the switch that is part of the little button you push to activate the door opener from the inside has stopped functioning. New assemblies are available on line to buy, along with diagrams and youtube videos showing how to replace them. You just need to do a little digging on the internet.

Other than that, you can take your vehicle to a Chevy dealer, give them your wallet, and hope for the best. Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is not uncommon for switches to go in the doors especially if you dirve in the rain and have to put your window down to pay tolls. pick up coffee etc/ The water gets into the swich and it dies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts