Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2009 a month ago and it's a bit louder at highway speeds than my C5. I don't mind a little noise, but the drone on the exhaust makes it hard to have a conversation in the car. The previous owner swapped out the exhaust with some MagnaFlow equipment.

I'd like to get it back to something more stock and thought you guys are the best place to get opinions on the best systems. Brand Names, Part Numbers, personal preferences, I'll take all of it from you, the experts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Go back to stock. I've been running stock since day one - no regrets.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
I think the best exhaust system for a C6 is ARH long tubes and mid pipe with X and cat delete connected to the factory NPP mufflers. The difference between open and closed is just so dramatic Everybody around you looks when you step on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
I think the best exhaust system for a C6 is ARH long tubes and mid pipe with X and cat delete connected to the factory NPP mufflers. The difference between open and closed is just so dramatic Everybody around you looks when you step on the gas pedal.
I would like to hear that combination in person - both the open and closed.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Here we are just open:

And here is open and close. You can see the linkage actuating on top of the exhaust tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts