Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what are the parts of the exhaust that are not soldered together?

Looking at the image hereafter, does it mean that the clamps (6) clamp the pipes together but that they are not soldered together? Is it easy to take them apart at this point?

I assume that at position 5 the two exhaust parts are bolted together?

Thanks,

Cédric

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
On my 05' the complete factory exhaust was not welded or soldered. The exhaust manifolds bolted to cats, and the cats were bolted to the H-pipe. The rear of the H-pipe was clamped on to the pipes that connected to the mufflers. I had the whole exhaust system off the car in about an hour.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 05' the complete factory exhaust was not welded or soldered. The exhaust manifolds bolted to cats, and the cats were bolted to the H-pipe. The rear of the H-pipe was clamped on to the pipes that connected to the mufflers. I had the whole exhaust system off the car in about an hour.
Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a shot and let you know.

·
Registered
401 Posts
What you see is correct. Every break point in the diagram is correct, nothing is welded and it will all come out with the exception of the axlebacks. You will have to drop the rear sway bar down to get the pipes to feed. Do you want a Magnaflow cat back system to put on you C6?:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts