Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

Just got my car from the dealer after he diagnosed Petrol smell inside my corvette and after lengthy period found out that the hose from the fuel pump had some cracks in it which meant that the fumes from the fuel tank was making their way to the inside of the car. They replaced the fuel pump and the assumbaly as there are no spare parts for that piece.

Not to mention that it took 4 weeks for the dealer to do that. but everytime they fix something, something else gets........

I found out one day later that the external trunk release button does not work when I press the touch sensitive button but the trunk will be released if I pressed the interior switch or the FOB trunk release key. It looks like the mechanic did not connect a wire to the external button above the license plate.

I know it cannot be a blown fuse or relay because the other buttons (i.e. interior and FOB) works.

However, I am taking the car to the dealer next Saturday so that they check this but I was wondering if someone else had the same problem and it was a simple connection that I can make myself and avoid going to the dealer (although it is on warranty work because the previous job for replacing the fuel pump was).

I looked by some threads on the subject but did not find something releated fully to it.

Any suggestion? I think I am handy with tools (watch out..haa haa) if I know where I am going.

Thanks in advance.

Khalid
2007 C6

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Greetings

Just got my car from the dealer after he diagnosed Petrol smell inside my corvette and after lengthy period found out that the hose from the fuel pump had some cracks in it which meant that the fumes from the fuel tank was making their way to the inside of the car. They replaced the fuel pump and the assumbaly as there are no spare parts for that piece.

Not to mention that it took 4 weeks for the dealer to do that. but everytime they fix something, something else gets........

I found out one day later that the external trunk release button does not work when I press the touch sensitive button but the trunk will be released if I pressed the interior switch or the FOB trunk release key. It looks like the mechanic did not connect a wire to the external button above the license plate.

I know it cannot be a blown fuse or relay because the other buttons (i.e. interior and FOB) works.

However, I am taking the car to the dealer next Saturday so that they check this but I was wondering if someone else had the same problem and it was a simple connection that I can make myself and avoid going to the dealer (although it is on warranty work because the previous job for replacing the fuel pump was).

I looked by some threads on the subject but did not find something releated fully to it.

Any suggestion? I think I am handy with tools (watch out..haa haa) if I know where I am going.

Thanks in advance.

Khalid
2007 C6
I think the mechanic pulled a wire or something to stop that working like you suspect. After spending 2 years in Qatar, seems everything is extremely slow there so I am not surprised the dealership is just as slow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the mechanic pulled a wire or something to stop that working like you suspect. After spending 2 years in Qatar, seems everything is extremely slow there so I am not surprised the dealership is just as slow.

My thoughts exactly.

The problem with the dealer is that for anything that is not a fast moving item, they would rather order it from the Main GM Center in Dubai or USA. I can understand it is a finance thing, but in the end I have to use another car for that period instead of getting the car fixed prompto.

Thanks for the feedback.

Khalid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts