Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have good maintenance program for the headlight lenses on the c6.
I can already see that they don't look as good as they did on day one and I would like to maintain that crisp new look. Do they remove easily I am noticing a lot of dust accumulating on inside and would like to remove the lenses and clean them inside and out.

·
Registered
C7 2015, torch red, Z51, 7 speed manual
1,065 Posts
Pretty sure that it is a sealed unit. You can't take it apart. It is vented so that any moisture inside can get out due to heat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No way to remove them without cutting resin bond ,I wanted to paint behind them for a cool look ,to much trouble

·
Registered
347 Posts
You could pop each headlight into the oven for 10 mins at 350 degrees, then split them open. But that's too risky.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
You could pop each headlight into the oven for 10 mins at 350 degrees, then split them open. But that's too risky.
waaaaaaaaaay to risky:lookinup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
This won't help with the dust, but for cleaning and protecting the lens Meguiar's clear plastic cleaner 17, clear plastic polish 10, and clear plastic detailer 18 have worked well for me:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This won't help with the dust, but for cleaning and protecting the lens Meguiar's clear plastic cleaner 17, clear plastic polish 10, and clear plastic detailer 18 have worked well for me:cheers:
Thanks for the info Mequiar's is great stuff will give the items you metion a try:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
dust

If there is dust inside the headlight can't we remove the bulb and then just vacuum it out? I had a speck of dirt in there but it seems to have gone away for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts