Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok weve all seen the Car and Driver Red C6 "headlight" but does that really look like what the layest Spy shots. I have studied the Pics and I really cant find a way that the red light is the right one.

Any way this thread is For your opinions So plz tell me what you think! Does that red headlight look like it goes with this car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
At first glance it doesn't appear to fit but looking at the camo and transposing it over the red version looks like it would.

In fact, if you look closely, you'll see the two actual lightbulbs as well.

I guess the camo is working.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I agree when you look at it that way it does look like it is the same light. I dont like the round lines of the light though. I don't think they fit the rest of the car.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Has anyone seen the Oct 20th, cover of AutoWeek with the Carrera GT? The headlight on the passenger side looks very similar in general shape to the red "vette" one (mirrored of course).

·
Registered
85 Posts
TreCool626 said:
Has anyone seen the Oct 20th, cover of AutoWeek with the Carrera GT? The headlight on the passenger side looks very similar in general shape to the red "vette" one (mirrored of course).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Loggins1 said:
Ok weve all seen the Car and Driver Red C6 "headlight" but does that really look like what the layest Spy shots. I have studied the Pics and I really cant find a way that the red light is the right one.

Any way this thread is For your opinions So plz tell me what you think! Does that red headlight look like it goes with this car?

I think that the picture is off one of the new european or Japanese cars coming to market. The nose of the car shown would be way to "stubby" to fit a C6. Saw another XLR today and it is incredible inside and out! See it at your local dealer (bring $76K)!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Re: Re: C6 headlights??

jerseyvette said:
Loggins1 said:

I think that the picture is off one of the new european or Japanese cars coming to market. The nose of the car shown would be way to "stubby" to fit a C6. Saw another XLR today and it is incredible inside and out! See it at your local dealer (bring $76K)!
The C6 light you see above is correct. BKUPER will have a new concept drawing shortly that will show this. I got a sneak preview....

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Re: Re: C6 headlights??

Patrick96LT4 said:
The C6 light you see above is correct. BKUPER will have a new concept drawing shortly that will show this. I got a sneak preview....

Wait a second... You've seen it? One word: DETALS!!! Please? Unless you're under some nondscloure agreement or whatever, in which case there's nothing we can do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: C6 headlights??

NemesisX said:
Wait a second... You've seen it? One word: DETALS!!! Please? Unless you're under some nondscloure agreement or whatever, in which case there's nothing we can do.
I think he means he's seen BKUPER's new concept drawing. Not sure if BKUPER has Patrick under a nondisclosure agreement or not. If he does, and Patrick leaks details first... it's gonna be the :whip:

:rolling:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
They are nothing but GARBAGE!:down: :down: :down:
:agree:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Give it a chance guyz, I don't like it either, but I'm still hoping that after the GTO something good might come out from the GM as well
Maybe they read us, and redesigned that damn headlight at once. Who knows?
i say give em a chance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Regarding the headlight on the red car. Check out the Lexus SC 430. I think the lense has been airbrushed but look at the surrounding body lines.

·
Registered
186 Posts
C6 headlights & front end

The picture shown in your post reminds me of the front end of a car designed by one of GM's engineering contractors-Callaway. Here are a few pictures of a Callaway C12. Numerous descriptions and comments from various GM reps suggest C6 styling will borrow much from the Callaway C12.

http://www.fast-autos.net/callaway/callawayc12.html

Just shorten the front and back end of the C12 and we might have something very close to the C6.

·
Super Moderator
10,159 Posts
Bart Simpson said:
At first glance it doesn't appear to fit but looking at the camo and transposing it over the red version looks like it would.

In fact, if you look closely, you'll see the two actual lightbulbs as well.

I guess the camo is working.

Sorry, I must emphatically disagree. Please look at the distance from the inside light to the closest point of the wheel well opening. Now do the same on the red pic behind Cowger. These are two very different vehicles ... and don't try to call it cammo, these are both firm production points (wheel well and headlight mount). The red car looks to be much smaller than the vette. New Cobalt (Cavalier) maybe?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheres Brian I wanna see this photo shop. How come Patrick got to see it. I wanna see it.:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
10,159 Posts
I agree. Brian's Orange 3/4 view has already been endorsed by some viewers as the closest to the C6. I heard he is working with at least one other C6 viewer, so the look may be VERY close!!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Longtimer said:
I agree. Brian's Orange 3/4 view has already been endorsed by some viewers as the closest to the C6. I heard he is working with at least one other C6 viewer, so the look may be VERY close!!
I've seen it.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts