Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2005 C6 what wire do I need to hook to to get Cobalt boost and fuel gauges to dim (white wire from gauge). Where can I find it and what color is it

THANKS RAYZZZ MY CORVETTE LIKES MY MONEY

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
The dash light control is the button to the lower left of the dash. To the left of the steering wheel, next to the air vent. You could probably tap into that switch since it controls the dimming of the dash lights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found it

I found the wire. On my 2005 C6 at the dimmer switch the wire is brown that gets 12 Volts when the headlights are on. Hooked the gauge up and works great. I wonder if I were to use one of the other wires would it dim. :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not so

Also the white wire on the gauge just makes it light up. I thougt it would be lit already and when the white wire got 12 Volts the gauge got darker. Not so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does make it dim

The brown wire on the dimmer switch hooked to the white wire on the Colbalt gauge allows it to be dimmed. All you have to do is turn the dimmer down and gauge and instruments all get dim. Weeeeeeeeeee: :buhbye:

·
Registered
401 Posts
My dimmer switch on my 06 doesnt do ****. Ive turned it both ways and the dash lights never change, they are either bright with the headlights off or slightly dimmed when the lights come on. I have no control over them and the owners manual says nothing??? WTF???

·
Banned
334 Posts
New 2010

On a 2005 C6 what wire do I need to hook to to get Cobalt boost and fuel gauges to dim (white wire from gauge). Where can I find it and what color is it

SORRY i FORGOT WHERE TO POST. BEEN GONE SINCE THE CHANGE OVER FROM PATRICK. i did buy a 2010 brand damn NEW JUST LIKE i FINALLLY WANTED. BASE: 3LT:smack ALL THE STUFF ARCTIC WHITE/CASHMERE. 1610 MILES ON IT NOW. GOT IT JUN 18, 2010. jUST TRYING TO LEARN THE PADDLES, ONSTAR CAME WITH IT WORST SOFT WARE IN THE WORLD. I ALWAYS HAVE TO GET HELP TO DIAL BECAUSE IT CAN NOT RECOGNIZE NUMBERS. PLUS THE AVERAGE AGE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOUT 22. SCRERW'EM.:smack

JUST HAD THE NITROGEN DEAL DONE BUT I'M IN HJEAVEN FINALLY.

'08 GUY

SORRY I USED YOUR POST BUT HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO POST NORMALLY

WWR

·
Banned
334 Posts

another aggravaTING BUTTON I found it takes patience( idon't have) and a delicate turning to get them the brightest.
Sort of like touching that special place on a woman.

'08 guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts