Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a low mileage late model C6 fairly soon. For how much they go for there's nothing else even close.

I'm planning to DD it in all weather. I live in TX so I can drive it year round. My wife has a sedan and we very rarely need the back seats.

I had a 2014 Mustang GT in the past and I loved the power and looks, but the car left a lot to be desired. The LS3 should be faster and interior quality/handling should be better as well. Insurance is cheaper than the Mustang. Tires are very similar in price.

So for those of you that own C6s, how happy are you with them?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I bought my 2007 C6 convertible new, and drove it for ten absolutely trouble-free years. It was a truly great car. I was thinking of trading it in for a new 2017 C7, but happened to find a 2014 C7 Premiere Edition convertible that still was basically a brand-new car, so I bought that instead. Also a wonderful car - I advise stretching to a C7 if you can, it really is a nice upgrade from the C6.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I'm considering buying a low mileage late model C6 fairly soon. For how much they go for there's nothing else even close.

I'm planning to DD it in all weather. I live in TX so I can drive it year round. My wife has a sedan and we very rarely need the back seats.

I had a 2014 Mustang GT in the past and I loved the power and looks, but the car left a lot to be desired. The LS3 should be faster and interior quality/handling should be better as well. Insurance is cheaper than the Mustang. Tires are very similar in price.

So for those of you that own C6s, how happy are you with them?

Thank you so much people

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I'm happy with my 06, still under thirty thousand miles & getting a few rattles. More or less my DD now that I sold my GINSU warrior P'up. No problems with the mods although changing the battery is a bit more work - the Edelbrock SC is a nice bolt on that woke up the LS2 while maintaining excellent mileage unless my foot is in it.

Still gets looks, still embarrasses Mustangs, still scares the **** out of MRS BRNS, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts