Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if C6 seats will bolt right in to a C5? I really like the seats in the new gen, and I'm thinking about doing some modifications to the seats in my Z, but if I'm gonna go for it, I'd rather modify a set of C6 seats if they'll fit. I've also heard a rumor that you can swap the c6 seat foams onto the C5 frames and then the covers will fit right on, can anyone confirm?

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, nobody knows?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The seat cradles are the same, so they should bolt right in, but all those airbags in the seats would likely have sensors going to them.
You may have problems with the connectors.

·
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tlaselva said:
The seat cradles are the same, so they should bolt right in, but all those airbags in the seats would likely have sensors going to them.
You may have problems with the connectors.
Cool, If I could just get the seat adjustment controls woking I'd be perfectly happy.

Could care less about seat heaters (its Florida), and as far as airbags, trust me, If I ever wreck, the way I drive, there ain't an airbag on the planet thats gonna save me:laughing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump for this Question

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm ready to pull the trigger on some C6 seats to put in my 1997, but I'd like to hear for sure if it is going to work without too much effort.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Let me know when you get the answer. I have seen someone with a c5 Z06 with C6 seats, however, I do not know how hard it was to get them in.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
If I like the Recaros, I will have a set of Black C6 seats for sale. No Airbags. Passenger seat is manual, driver is power.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone tried this yet? I'm ready to pull the trigger on some C6 seats to put in my 1997, but I'd like to hear for sure if it is going to work without too much effort.

Thanks!
They will fit as long as you use your stock rails. The rumor is that the seat frames are the same, but the foam and covers are different. It may be easier to just buy C6 leathers and foam and convert your own seats.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
:surprised

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was looking at doing that myself, C6 seats in my 99. Was hard to get an answer, I finally decided to just get new skins. I was going to try calling a dealer parts and have them compare the two seats,,, might want to try that,:thumbsup: Then let me know:laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts