Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was getting tired of my seats being uncomfortable in my 2009 Z06, and I remember from the 2007 C6 I had that the seats in eat had waaayy more lumbar support in them than the Z06. The 2007 car that I had was equipped with the power lumbar support, and obviously the Z06 doesn't have them.

Curiosity got the best of me so I took matters into my own hands. I pulled the seat backs off of the seat chassis which was pretty easy, and noticed that the cavity where the power lumbar bag usually resides is basically empty. Which explains why they would be uncomfortable.

So, I tagged along with my wife to Joann's craft store, bought some high density foam, and cut it out to fit the cavity that was otherwise empty. Major improvement.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I have the power lumbar, and it's still not perfect. My wife, who is much smaller than me, says it's positioned too high on her back.

I may have to look into this myself, and add some foam too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, it was really incredible to me that they just left that cavity empty. I thought it was a mistake, like they had used the wrong foam on the seat backs on my car until I pulled my father's seat apart and confirmed that his was the same. It's pretty amazing to me with all of the engineering that goes into a car like this that they would let it go from the factory like that.

It's really easy to get it apart, all you have to do is dig your fingers into the seat back up near the neck area, and pull it out towards the steering wheel. After you get it apart, it has a velcro seam down the back that you can pull apart and see the cavity that I am talking about.

·
Registered
964 Posts
the stupid thing is a car like the z06 needs that more than a z51 to help keep you in place when cornering...obviously its removed for weight but i would rather have it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts